Fleur-de-lis

The corps formerly known as Madison Scouts breaking away from tradition? 

*shocker*

Bitter, party of one, your table is ready. 

Anyone know if the staff let go last year (by way of announcement) found other jobs?  I marched with most of them and am concerned about my brothers.

They are still, very much, THE MADISON SCOUTS :worthy:

Thank you to the current staff that have brought them back to the high level

that is so much a part of their history and tradition. I hope you are just as

concerned for you new brothers.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, this thread sure hits a few sore spots.

I am glad that the corps is doing well, but very disapointed that there is so much being placed on scores and placements. Were the Scouts upset when they didn't make finals in 2002?!? Of course...

Was it because they didn't "beat" another corps? Or maybe because they didn't score high enough....

Nope..it was because they didn't get one last time to perform and entertain the crowd, the hometown crowd.

However, the following quote does disturb me!!!

I hope they don't.  The star drill just makes so much sense as a means to introduce Carmen, the star of the show.

Carmen is as far away from being the star of the show as possible. IMO, she is pointless and only takes away from the show the Scouts are trying to perform. Do I care that shes out there...not a bit...but it's POINTLESS. The cooks and uniform crew are more the stars of the show then Carmen is.

The Scouts would be much better off if they got rid of Carmen, and inserted a FDL into the show.

Just my thoughts...

Edited by mdsnsctfan

WOW, this thread sure hits a few sore spots. 

I am glad that the corps is doing well, but very disapointed that there is so much being placed on scores and placements.  Were the Scouts upset when they didn't make finals in 2002?!?  Of course...

Was it because they didn't "beat" another corps?  Or maybe because they didn't score high enough....

Nope..it was because they didn't get one last time to perform and entertain the crowd, the hometown crowd.

Carmen is as far away from being the star of the show as possible.  IMO, she is pointless and only takes away from the show the Scouts are trying to perform.  Do I care that shes out there...not a bit...but it's POINTLESS.  The cooks and uniform crew are more the stars of the show then Carmen is. 

All Carmen does is prance around.  No equipment work, no point, no nothing.  Not to mention I'd be embarrased if she were my kid. 

The Scouts would be much better off if they got rid of Carmen, and inserted a FDL into the show. 

Just my thoughts....Flame Away!

We already did...in a different thread :worthy:

I went to the Belding show and brought a friend, thinking to expose some new blood to the dci stands. Watch for it I said, the tale of the Fleur told on the drive there. Long story short, Madison blew the house down, drum corps has a new fan, but not having that in there still bothers me.

Carmen is as far away from being the star of the show as possible.  IMO, she is pointless and only takes away from the show the Scouts are trying to perform.  Do I care that shes out there...not a bit...but it's POINTLESS.  The cooks and uniform crew are more the stars of the show then Carmen is. 

Just my thoughts...

Aren't they performing music from Carmen? Makes sense to have one on the field, IMO.

Mike