Worst Champion of All Time

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) 1988 Madison Scouts

2.) 1995 Cavaliers

3.) 1993 Cadets

Why is everyone so against Madison 1988. I don't understand. They had a great show, and performed the living h*ll out of it finals night, and Santa Clara had a pretty bad show (seems like politics finally played no role in it)... I don't see the problem... Please explain why having the most amazing show you've had all year on finals night is a bad thing. Thanks.

Edited by yabetterbelieveit

What I don't get is why some are afraid of this kind of thread. I've read few - if any - troll like postings here on this thread. Yet some call for its closure. I realize this is a private board, so censorship is agreed to in advance. But, come on! Let's be reasonable. If we're only allowed to discuss positive things, this is going to get a bit boring (imo). That little parenthetical acronym is important. It can truly be pegged to the end of every sentence written on these boards. For every thing written here is just that - opinion. As such it's neither right nor wrong. Sure, some throw out opinion like gas on a fire - we call it trolling. But by letting those posts burn themselves out, we avoid the conflagration.

This thread (imo) is a valid use of bandwidth - so I'll reply. I'm basing this opinion only on finals shows I've seen live - so that would be limited to 76, 77, 84, 86 (semifinals only), 92, 93, 94, 96, 2002 (quarterfinals only), and 04. Out of that pack, the choice (for me -as this is my opinion) is

93 Cadets.

My reason: weak horn line. I have a horn line bias. Though I could let that slide easily if I'd enjoyed the book more. As anyone can tell from the CDs or DVDs from 93, the crowd ate Phantom alive, and finally enjoyed Star's show. Either would have been (imo) champions more reflective of an outstanding final performance performing a show design worthy of winning it all.

Sandra

ok - based on my own criteria, I must remove myself from considering 86 and 02 -

Edited by Dinosaur