The Loudest Crowd Response ....

Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?

• 1992 - The VK Shark
    • 1995 - The end of Madison's "A Drum Corps Fans Dream"
    • 1997 - The end of Madison's "Pirates of Lake Mendota"
    • 2002 - Cavaliers "Fight Club"
    • 2003 - The End of Phantom's Harmonic Journey (and FINALLY ending on a resolving chord)

I'd have to say VK 92...although Mad95 and Phantom03 were LOUD!...VK 92 was more of a surprise, so I voted for that.

There's alot of shows that aren't on that list though that should be...

...one in particular...SCV 82.

But seriously, the decision between SCV82, VK92, Mad95&97, and Phantom 03 is definately WAAAY too hard to pick just one. They're all equally awesome.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for 1992 VK as well which should be expected considering who I am. And just like Ohiobando noticed (and rightly so), the VK ovation was a COMPLETE surprise to the audience based on what VK did. To me, that took some guts, planning, and since I know the The Story of the Shark, COMPLETE LUCK (and some Charlie Groh on top of it!!).

I would say that 1995 Madison was pretty dang intense, and yes PR 2003! Holy COW!

And John Adock---you are SOOOOOOOOOOO right. LONGEST ovation for sure is Suncoast Sound 1984. It's not deafening--actually it just borders on #### near polite and sincere--but it is LONG. I think it's about 45 seconds long. WELL deserved. One of the magic moments in DCI's history.

And John Adock---you are SOOOOOOOOOOO right.  LONGEST ovation for sure is Suncoast Sound 1984.  It's not deafening--actually it just borders on #### near polite and sincere--but it is LONG.  I think it's about 45 seconds long.  WELL deserved.  One of the magic moments in DCI's history.

The Vietnam show, very true. I think when I get home I'm gonna have to watch that show again.

Good morning:

I remember to this day the sound of the crowd at 1994 DCI

when the 27th Lancers Alumni guard got on the ground and

spun rifles on their back. Positively deafening.

And 1982 SCV as the corps began Bottle Dance. A friend of

mine who marched said he couldn't hear a thing on the field.

MAV

These are the two loudest I remember.

Sitting in the stands for both, I have to give the edge to 82 SCV, people in my section didn't just stand up, everybody jumped up and stood on their chairs for the end of the show with the return of the bottle dance. I couldn't hear the corps for all the screaming... it was insane.

. . .

This is such a subjective thing since there were no crowd-o-meters present--that I know of, but...

1. 1987 SCV after Russian Christmas

2. 1990 Star of Indiana end of show (Star's best year BTW)

3. 1988 Scouts end of show

Crowds just don't go nuts like this anymore...

Having been there live for all of these otions (there may be others that were louder), I'd rank them this way...

1. Madison 1995. Nothing else even comes close, and this is coming from a die hard Regiment fan. The crowd reaction & energy that night was indescribable. Deafening.

2. Hmmm. Maybe Regiment 2003?

3. VK 1992. Pure fun The crowd adored it.

4. Madison 1997

5. By the standards above, crowd response to Cavaliers 2002 would be behind these. Great response, but not the same insanity.

Others that rival 2-5 above: 1991 Regiment, 1993 Regiment, 1992 SCV, 1988 Madison, 1975 Madison, 1982 Cadets, 1994 27th Lancers Alumni (what an awesome spectacle that was), and 2001 Regiment

While not in this league, but in a side note, I find it interesting to listen to crowd response on the CDs for 2004 Regiment. Very loud indeed.

Harvey

Edited by TexasPRfan

Although it was before the DCI years, the Troopers got long and loud crowd responses at the 1969 and 1970 CYO Nationals. I was there. The crowds went crazy.

Edited by JFitz19