Favorites corps cook recipes

I'm hungry right now, and I am reading the Seattle Cascades Daily Diary, thinking about how much better I ate when I marched, as opposed to how I eat at home (not too terrible). Anywho, what were some of your favorite tour meals that your cooks served while you toured?

Breakfast: Biscuts and Gravy-- The cooks served this a few times during the winter camp months, and throughout tour both years I marched. It was actually really good, and it was so soothing! Our head cook really knew how to add flavor to anything, and keep us coming back for seconds, thirds, fourths, and even fifths sometimes! :) I'm sure he used the standard way of making it, but it just tasted so good, especially for it being on the road "drum corps food"

Lunch: The frenchbread/oven baked pizza mmmmm.....

Dinner: I myself, always enjoyed the Broc and Cheese with chicken over rice dish... I never really had a name for it, and I don't think the cooks did either. Over the time span that I marched, it became my favorite dish, and I always requested that, and or mac n cheese to be made!

Dessert: "Better than Sex Cake"--served quite a bit on tour, and this dessert was given its name by some of the members. I could never forget the first time I had this cake, it was divine, and all that chocolate with the sprinkles just made me feel so good after a long days rehearsing.

Left over days: Well, I guess it was always just a little bit of this and a little bit of that, sometimes our snack after a show was "left over day" food, but I always liked left over days, because there was a lot to choose from, and I always made sure I was stuffed!

I know I know... some of that doesnt sound like typical drum corps food, but we did eat healthy, and I would wager this group of cooks feeds the corps well. I remember a few times we had other corps eyeballing our cook truck when they saw what we were serving...

Share your cook/food moments!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can never go wrong with taco salad B)

something that I have been making for The Cadets is peanut butter-chocolate-cream cheese mousse.

It's a big hit!

ingredients:

10lbs. Peanut Butter

5lbs sugar

15 lbs cream cheese

1 gallon Hershey's Syrup

40 lbs. Cool Whip

something that I have been making for The Cadets is peanut butter-chocolate-cream cheese mousse.

It's a big hit!

ingredients:

10lbs. Peanut Butter

5lbs sugar

15 lbs cream cheese

1 gallon Hershey's Syrup

40 lbs. Cool Whip

Yeah! Can we get Tom to make a batch and all DCP'ers who visit the Cadets cook truck during finals week gets a treat???? I can dream :P

It's a big hit!

ingredients:

10lbs. Peanut Butter

5lbs sugar

15 lbs cream cheese

1 gallon Hershey's Syrup

40 lbs. Cool Whip

I love reading group recipes. The sheer volume of them...

And anything that requires 40 POUNDS OF COOL WHIP must be investigated!

Baby back ribs with corn on the cob, baked beans, and cole slaw

Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream

Santa Clara Vanguard ROCKS!!! :worthy:

PIZZA BAKE, it was basically a lasagna but with pepperonis and what not, it was awesome.