What "Boston Magazine" thinks of DCI

What an odd comment by that writer; as one of my favorite creative writing professors used to say, "If only one ol' boy east of the Mississippi can get your joke, you need to get a better joke."

Or, as one of my great aunts would say, with a dismissive eye roll: "Yankees!"

That word is an entire description around here :rolleyes:

Say, what's with that big hole they've been digging since Gerald Ford was in office, anyway? :P

Edited by GeorgiaGirl

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One collapse does not a history make...if a team were to win a World Series ring every two years like clockword, the closest one would STILL need 34 years to just match the number of titles the Yankees have.

Yankees: Greatest. Dynasty. Ever.

Deal with it.  :P

Yankees: Greatest. Dynasty. Ever. Bought. :P

j/k I actually liked the Yankees for a couple of years. Almost liked. Well, let's just say I wasn't completely depressed when they won.

Yankees: Greatest. Dynasty. Ever. Bought. :P

j/k  I actually liked the Yankees for a couple of years.  Almost liked.  Well, let's just say I wasn't completely depressed when they won.

Myth. Perpetuated. By. Jealous. Owners.

Yankees didn't start spending money until George Steinbrenner showed up. By then they already had 20 World Series (11 more than any other team, currently). Most of our best players were homegrown, came up through the system, or were acquired in smart trades. The only real high-dollar free agent signings in the past 10 years have been...hmm...

Hideki Irabu

Danny Tartabull

Alex Rodriguez

Jason Giambi

Randy Johnson

There are perhaps others, but the reason the Yankees payroll is so high because they have done their best to retain their homegrown talent (Jeter, Williams, Rivera, etc.)

So there! :P heh heh

In the lastest issue of "Boston Magazine" under City Journal (The agenda)

What to do this month, the list the following and I quote:

DRUM CORPS INTERNATIONAL DIVISION I WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Junior drum and bugle corps compete against one another for the world title.

Try this game:  Drink 15 gin and tonics, take a short nap, then attend this event.

You'll never touch a drop again! (Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, dci.org) 8/11-8/13.

Interesting!!!

CODI

Well, I guess what he is saying is Drum Corps is slightly cheaper than re-hab. b**bs

What an odd comment by that writer; as one of my favorite creative writing professors used to say, "If only one ol' boy east of the Mississippi can get your joke, you need to get a better joke."

... nail on the head. :rolleyes:

Try this game:  Drink 15 gin and tonics, take a short nap, then attend this event.

You'll never touch a drop again! (Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, dci.org) 8/11-8/13.

Interesting!!!

CODI

I need 15 gin and tonics to wade thru the insufferable Boston Magazine. That magazine is written for Yuppies coming to Boston wanting to know where the best digs are to be seen and heard. My fervent hope is that this writer is on Nantucket with his 12th gin and tonic during the Quarters and Semi's in Foxboro, and is working on the nap, come the Finals. The writers in this magazine typically live at home with Mom and Dad, and drink and nap a lot anyway.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

Interesting!!!

CODI

I think what he is saying is Drum Corps is cheaper than re-hab... b**bs

One collapse does not a history make...if a team were to win a World Series ring every two years like clockword, the closest one would STILL need 34 years to just match the number of titles the Yankees have.

Yankees: Greatest. Dynasty. Ever.

Deal with it.  :P

And they also own the new universal sign for choking.

(of course, I'm not one to talk, I'm from Cleveland :P We've got the Browns, the Indians, and the Cavaliers. The Browns and Indians have come SOOOOO close and dropped like anvils, and the Cavaliers have "the greatest player ever" and they still suck ### :rolleyes: )

We had the best baseball team we've ever had in half a century in the 90's and they still gave up the world series...TWICE!

(Of course, we beat the Yankees once last year like 20some to a single digit, so at least we've got that eh? And we also own the biggest comeback game ever, so I'm kinda happy. :beer: )

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

And they also own the new universal sign for choking.

(of course, I'm not one to talk, I'm from Cleveland :P We've got the Browns, the Indians, and the Cavaliers. The Browns and Indians have come SOOOOO close and dropped like anvils, and the Cavaliers have "the greatest player ever" and they still suck ### :rolleyes: )

We had the best baseball team we've ever had in half a century in the 90's and they still gave up the world series...TWICE!

(Of course, we beat the Yankees once last year like 20some to a single digit, so at least we've got that eh? And we also own the biggest comeback game ever, so I'm kinda happy. :beer: )

Then again, you weren't around for the Dime Beer Night fiasco at the old Stadium...