LMS South = 11

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank the Buccaneers, Hurricanes, Heat Wave, CorpsVets, Carolina Gold, Bushwackers and my fellow Renegades for their participation in Loud Music Symposium South.

Special thanks to Jay Merlot and the Bushwackers for making the concert even though they had a bus tire blowout on the way in, the Bucs for being flexible with the performance order so that Bush could take the stage later, and CorpsVets for "loaning" Georgia to the rest of the Free World for the evening, so we could all celebrate the South together.

Double special thanks to Jason Malugen, Gil Silva and the entire DCA Board for all of their assistance, and to Jim Williams and the Winston-Salem show sponsors for believing in our vision for LMS South and making it all possible, and to Anne, Zach and all of the Team Evil stage crew for a flawless evening of drum corps, and to our pal and announcer Fran Haring for bringing such energy and excitement to LMS South.

My apologies to all of the fans. Your hearing will return by next week. I promise. :)

LMS South was one of my favorite drum corps experiences of all-time. We made many new friends, and we certainly created one #### of an amazing drum corps concert that will be remembered for a very, very long time.

Rock on.

Lee

Edited by drumlaw80

It was truly a pleasure to perform and an awesome experiance to take part in. (although my hopes for a free t-shirt were dashed :P)

Spoke with my sister tonight who attended LMS South with my 8 year old nephew. He is now scarred for life.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank you.

Uncle Mike

I feared for the safety of the surrounded fans, but I think my own hearing faded out somewhere around the hit in version II. Thought I saw the ceiling tiles starting to flap....

High points of the night for me:

-taking the stage.

-having my wife come up afterwards and proclaiming 'man, I miss it SO MUCH!' (last marched with me in 1986)

-having my son, the video game junkie, get absolutely fanatical about drum corps in less than 24 hours.

What a BLAST - pun intended!!!

Edited by lipsprain

It was a blast to be a part of this great event, LMS/show! We. (the Renegades), were treated like VIPS the whole time and we appreiciate all of those who got this show on the road! As a member of the drum line, I enjoyed meeting other drum corps members from Carolina Gold and Corps Vets, and hope to meet others at DCA, as well. I also enjoyed the Olympic-style retreat which brought back lots of great memories! Being new to the DCA arena and marching in this show, despite the weather, was enough to want to do this again!

Did anyone ever come up with a rough attendance figure???

it was an incredibly awesome night of great performances. :)