Allentown's Biggest Surprise

Which Corps Will Surprise Most (Good or Bad) At Allentown?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Which Corps Will Surprise Most (Good or Bad) At Allentown?

• Bluecoats
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Capital Regiment
    • Carolina Crown
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Esperanza
    • Glassmen
    • Kiwanis Kavaliers
    • Mandarins
    • Madison Scouts
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Spirit from JSU
    • Southwind
    • The Cadets
    • The Cavaliers
    • The Magic
    • Troopers

I remember Pacific Crest, Mandarins, and Cascades all in a jumble when they were on the west coast. And lately the Mandarins have been slipping. So who knows where Crest ends up. I see Cap. Reg. pushing ahead of all 3, passing Southwind, and closing the gap on Crossmen and the Colts.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for PC. Mostly because no one has any idea of where they may end up. I think they'll be in the 12-16 range, hopefully closer to the 12th spot. It'd be nice to see them make some waves. I wrote a review of one of the SoCal shows and commented that PC had much more potential IMHO than Mandarins, and with their scores slipping as of late, I'd be willing to bet that's the case. Will definately be a surprise to find out where they place, good or bad! :)

Oh and PC... have a safe flight. Comin' into the East in true SoCal style :worthy:

I believe Phantom could close the gap between them and Cavies and possibly become in contention of the championship.

remember allentown is a split show and not all the corps are competing together. So Blue Devils who I believe are on friday with bluecoats aren't competing against cadets and cavies so they technically can't lose ground.

Now if bluecoats could beat them then that's quite a surprise and one I'd love to see.

An un-named source has mentioned that SCV will breakthrough at Allentown. That said, the "trend" will propel them right through Finals. :blink:

Since my post was the only one that used the term "loose ground" I assume you are refering to my predictions.

I said Blue Devils will loose groud to Cavs friday night, as they are both on friday night. I also predict Phantom will gain ground on The Cadets as they are both on saturday night.

I really have no basis for these predictions since I haven't seen a show since June.

I have to admit, I would love to see new faces in the top echelon. And, if that means the Blue Devs getting beat by the Bluecoats....so be it!!

BK gets my vote. Something seems to be going on there from an instructional standpoint that makes me see some movement from them up the top 12. Pacific Crest would be my second choice because we honestly don't know what kind of read they are going to get from the judges.

gil