Phantom Regiment's 50th anniversary...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote would be...

The Best of the Syracuse Brigadiers

1999-2002 - The Championship Years

...and you can even use the drill. I heard they still have the scaffling from '99. And just think, PR could be playing Downey charts. ^OO^

btw, this was ment as a joke. I would love to see Phantom redo Spartacus.

Edited by sburstall

I would love to see thm do any of the following or a combination thereof:

1812 Overture

Fifth Symphony, Fourth Movement by Shastikovich (I know - 1996)

Fire of Eternal Glory

Pagliacci

Claire De Lune

Night on Bald Mountain

I know that most people want Spartacus or something else or just for them to not do a rehashed music show from the past, but I think it would be neat!

You know, they could really throw everybody off and do something out of the ordinary and do something like " A Tribute to The Cadets" or "The Guardsmen Remembered".

To really mess with everyone, I would love to see them or anybody do an all P.D.Q. Bach show! That would rock my world if they did it right!

I would love to see thm do any of the following or a combination thereof:

1812 Overture

Fifth Symphony, Fourth Movement by Shastikovich (I know - 1996)

Fire of Eternal Glory

Pagliacci

Claire De Lune

Night on Bald Mountain

I know that most people want Spartacus or something else or just for them to not do a rehashed music show from the past, but I think it would be neat!

You  know, they could really throw everybody off and do something out of the ordinary and do something like " A Tribute to The Cadets" or "The Guardsmen Remembered".

To really mess with everyone, I would love to see them or anybody do an all P.D.Q. Bach show! That would rock my world if they did it right!

Any of these pieces might be enough of a reason to want to see a junior corps again.

My top choices would be:

1 -- SPARTACUS

2 -- Another Opera show. i'd love to see them take some of the pieces that Colts used in 99 and mix in some others, and yes, end it with the Bacchannale. Dark, Brooding, Dramatic & Intense. A total 180 from this year's show (which by the way -- I completely, totally LOVE)

3 -- A middle eastern themed show (again, Baccannale works.) :)

Harvey

So, as most of us know, Phantom Regiment will be celebrating their 50th anniversary next season.  It's going to be a special year for every member and alumnus of the corps, and I was wondering what you, the public at large, would like to see/hear Regiment do?

Something they have not done....

Janacek's "Sinfonietta"

...or...

Something(s) they have...

Saint Saens Symphony #3 ("Organ")

Fire of Eternal Glory

Bacchanale

Mike

Sparatucus ! ! !

Mahler Resurection Symphony

(any Mahler)

Strauss Tone Poems

It appears that Spartacus is the overwhelming choice but as PRAng stated it will never happen in Jim Wrens lifetime. He didn't like the first two times and still has huge amounts of influence over what the corps plays each year. I think that that show would go over much better now than it did in 81-82. At that time the show was way above what drum corps was ready for. That was one of the first themed shows performed on the field. Does anyone remember the librettos?

Yes the corps has played Phantom Regiment on the field and has used as a warm up piece on a few occasions over the years. Including the year we played Mahler. That entire show was a mistake and should never be revisited!