Allentown Scores

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a group from Denver you may have overlooked... :P

Cary

Yes I suppose you are right. I musta looked at BK's score and then looked at Boston. Oh yes its late..... :blink: B)

GO BLUE!!

And by that I mean both Knights and 'Coats. ^OO^

It's great to see them both inching ever upward. Nothing against the other corps, but these have been two of my favorite the past few seasons, and they both have great shows this year. It would be great if they can actually catch some of those corps by finals night.

But how does that explain going from a score of 79.7 last night to a 76.65 tonight?  3.05 is a lot to drop in a day... anyone that was at either show care to comment?

Personally, I think the Phillip's Head award for tonight went to PC.

I saw PC four weeks ago, and here in Allentown. Musically, they show the kind of improvement one expects from a full-touring corps over the past four weeks. However, there were a few glaring interval problems in the drill. Haven't looked at the recap yet, but I can understand them landing in tenth in the pertinent visual area(s). Musically, no. Overall, no.

On the other hand, sometimes the judges get it right. The Bluecoats have cleaned up some key percussion ensemble issues since I last saw them, and by some coincidence, they gained ground in the scoring too.

Personally, I think the Phillip's Head award for tonight went to PC. 

I saw PC four weeks ago, and here in Allentown.  Musically, they show the kind of improvement one expects from a full-touring corps over the past four weeks.  However, there were a few glaring interval problems in the drill.  Haven't looked at the recap yet, but I can understand them landing in tenth in the pertinent visual area(s).  Musically, no.  Overall, no.

On the other hand, sometimes the judges get it right.  The Bluecoats have cleaned up some key percussion ensemble issues since I last saw them, and by some coincidence, they gained ground in the scoring too.

Thanks for the insight! :) That's what I have been hearing about their show the past two nights. It seems that not having as much time is hurting them on the little things, like having the guard all turn in the same direction after equipment changes, few (but very noticeable) interval issues, etc. It seems that these are the small things causing them the big points they deserve, if they can fix them in time.

I saw a practice in their last week at Diamond Bar. Me and some buddies from school sat on the hill to see one of our fraternity brothers. From what I could see, the show had the impact potential, all the GE, GREAT hornline and music ensemble, but had some "June quirks" still there (mostly visual, some flubbed attacks and releases). I thought the show itself had the potential for Top 12 in terms of design, but I'm afraid that they just won't have enough time to fix the little stuff and maximize their potential (BUT, I'd like to be wrong--- GO SOCAL!!)

As far as Blooo goes... YA'LL FREAKIN ROCK!!! I was able to catch a show a couple weeks ago while I was back East and I was literally blown away. Loved every second of their show, and can only imagine what two more weeks of practice has done for them. As much as I like Blue Devils, it would be great to see Blooo pass them with this show, it just rocks.

Cavaliers - 95.35

Straight from a person at the show.  Not the 96 Cadets got the other night, but a nice jump.  They revamped their ending again (after Pittsburg).

Don't ya worry Mrs. Current Cavaliers Mom! That 96.50 that Cadets received was at a "smalltown" show... we ALL know those are hyped up quite a bit.. I'll be QUITE surprised if they pass 96.00 tonight at Allentown... besides our boys know how to turn it up at then end! Have faith! :-D