Contra Stolen

how about we say that one of the kids tried to play the contra but asked where the 3rd valve went?!?!?!  j/k

i'm glad it's been in good hands............

looking forward to seeing Sunrisers in Scranton..........

it's a 3 valve deg, sorry no mentioned that earlier

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooops, I just re-read the original post and saw this happened at a DCI show. Didn't realize the Cavies were at the same show.

Agree with you Ed. I rode with our drum truck for five years and it was a B-word at times then to keep stuff from getting mixed up. Don't think we ever picked up another corps stuff but almost left stuff behind a few times because it wasn't near the truck.

Still would have loved to seen the look on Cavies equipment person when they saw that Contra. "That's not one of ours, OH ####!!!!".

]HAPPILY EVER AFTER![/[/b]SIZE]

OK, it's good to know the missing contra is safe and found. And, it's interesting (above) when folks talk about accidentially "co-mingling" corps' equipment at a competition/show. But I don't believe that accidential comingling was an issue here. Y'see, 8/7 at Giants Stadium was a DCI show sponsored by Cadets. Sunrisers were NOT performing or participating (at least not musically) at this show. So I guess the question just begs to be asked (if it hasn't been already asked) "Why was a Sunrisers contrabass horn left on the ground in the Giants Stadium parking lot?" :sshh:

I was wondering that also but :sshh:

Maybe one of the Jr corps borrowed it..

You're being kind, aren't you? If Cavies were supposedly pulling out of the stadium (around midnight?) and they saw a contra lying in the parking lot, then we could PRESUME that no one else was around to claim ownership? Not sure. Does this maybe mean that someone could've LEFT the horn there?

The horn was being transferred from one car to another and there was a miscommunication between the two parties.

The Cavaliers were kind enough to pick it up and hold it until someone showed up looking for it.

We (Sunrisers) contacted all the corps in attendance at the Meadowlands show until we found out where it was and it was picked up from the Cavies in Boston.

That's all.

:)

The horn was being transferred from one car to another and there was a miscommunication  between the two parties.

The Cavaliers were kind enough to pick it up and hold it until someone showed up looking for it.

We (Sunrisers) contacted all the corps in attendance at the Meadowlands show until we found out where it was and it was picked up from the Cavies in Boston.

That's all.

:)

Not good enough. It makes sense. b**bs

What is a contra?

Just kidding. Glad it was found.

Edited by DMCK