Official DCI Quarterfinals Discussion Thread

How about Phantom though?

They win field visual....second in both brass and percussion!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Cadets! 99.15 must be breakin' a sweat right now.

Bluecoats ... fourth in brass, fifth in drums (both ahead of BD), fifth in CG, fifth in GE Music, fifth in Ensemble music (behind BD -- beat them in brass and drums, but .6 back in ensemble ... com on!).

Tied for sixth with Boston, .6 behind Madison and .8 behind BD, in Ensemble Visual. Ugh.

Judges were 5-4 in favor of Madison head-2-head with Bluecoats, with Madison taking both percussion judges, so 4-4 overall. Judges were 6-3 BD over Madison and 7-2 BD over Bluecoats.

When was the last time Cavies didn't take first on ANY judges' sheets???

- R -

P.S. -- If Cadets' and BD's shows are so strange and sooo many people don't like them, how good would those corps be if the shows were enjoyable. I have yet to hear or read from anyone who enjoys BD's show, and yet there they are tied with PR for third in overall GE ... I don't know if I'll ever completely understand judging. Performance is one thing, but if people seriously don't like the show and think the basic design is flawed, how can that be effective?? Cadets -- you might not "get" what they're giving you, but from what I hear/read it's not all "that" hard to understand, just a bit "out there."

I'm not buying that Bluecoats drum score. No way that line is only 5th.

Shady

I stand corrected!! :) Phantom did indeed take Visual Performance!! Excellent!! b**bs

Jim Wolf

71-77 NJ Black Watch

Well, this will paint an interesting 2006 for a few groups:

Will we see more lower tier corps using narration since the Cadets are most likely going to win with it?

What will SCV do to get back in the top 6? Will it turn to the more modern charts that gave it its' "rebirth" back into the Top 3-4 a few years ago?

What will BD do concept-wise next year? Will it be something more along the lines of the Cadets, or does a 3rd-4th place finish signal a slight change of direction?

What does the future hold for the Crossmen if Finals doesn't happen? A return to more straight ahead jazz? Especially interesting since the Cadets as part of YEA! may win it all...

At least the off-season will be full of drama...even if the scores the rest of the weekend won't be. :P

Just back from the theatre. I sat next to the most annoying guy in the world. He sang along with the corps, but also ridiculed every last one of them while they were on the field (except, of course, for the corps he marched with).

Biggest surprises? Mandarins, Boston, and Crown. Loved their shows.

The biggest surprise? I really liked BD's show. I couldn't get enough.

My one question? What happened to SCV's drill? They've got nothing this year. I was pretty disappointed.

I'm not buying that Bluecoats drum score.  No way that line is only 5th.

There scores have been behind the last few weeks. I don't know what happened, but they still sound very, very sharp. Some may call it slotting, I just think there are some crazy talented corps with some mad skill.

Shady

I stand corrected!! :)  Phantom did indeed take Visual Performance!! Excellent!! b**bs

Jim Wolf

71-77 NJ Black Watch

Weird to think that Phantom wins a visual caption. I think the Cavies will take a vis. caption on finals night though.

Who would have thought that Phantom would be the one to take the only caption from the Cadets..... and it would be visual performance!  :)  :)  :)

Problem is, they should be winning GE Music as well. (since they are one of the few corps in the top 4 actually PLAYING music.

Rocketman - music? what music?

ampssuck

Judging by past video cams, the Cavies seemed a little off to me...

The Cadets...I thought 98.05 was ridiculous....then I saw the video snippet.

Completely different level...this is title no. 9