BD Show

That show is the Pontiac Aztek of drum corps shows. I'm truly amazed that nobody in the BD organization said "what the #### are you guys thinking?!" <**>

02.pontiac.aztek.f34.500.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Devils were awesome last night.  I think you're crazy to not like this show.  It was such a breath of fresh air.  Way to go Blue Devils and staff.  You were the biggest surprise for me last night.  All season I had read the typical negative stuff, which can become common-place on this forum, but I found your show entertaining, challenging, and actually quite musical.  This book is not as chopped up as people say, and I LOVE the narration.  This show would not work wihout the narration.  Awesome guard, and what a fun ending of Prelude, Fugue, and Riffs.  WOW!  Good stuff.  Take it further.

Jonathan

Okay, Professor Willis, I'm crazy. :ph34r:

It's the "Prelude, Fugue, and Riffs" curse. I remember Cadets 1991 show with it, and that was a very different show and scored what, a 93.8?

Yeah, but Cadets version in 1991 was torrid, intense, colorful, whimsical and they played the #### out of it. It was one of my most favorite pieces ever. I thought both Blue Devils and Cadets had inflated scores last night.

Okay, Professor Willis, I'm crazy. :ph34r:

Now, dmfootworks, I really don't think you're crazy. :) I was just making a blanket statement. You guys are all welcome to your opinions.

I do tend to like some obscure shows here and there. I just really loved BD last night. To me they were the biggest surprise. I enjoyed all of it.

So, no, you're not crazy. Maybe I am the one who is crazy! :wall:

Jonathan

I found that I really enjoyed the show AND the narration. After 5 or so hours of corps whose performances blended together in my mind, I found BD's show refreshing by standing out and expanding on that kind of...quirky...style they have been toying with the past few years.

Kudos to you! I'm glad you found something you liked, especially that you were able to disregard whatever anyone else might have thought.

My own opinion on this year's show is that it leaves me a little flat - at least when compared to the rest of the top six, and certainly when compared to their "quirky" show last year that absolutely blew me away. But they've taken a chance this year, tried something new, and I have respect for that. Who knows, maybe they'll rock the field at finals, and I'll end up loving their track on the CD. :)