Grand Champions!

As a Spartan, I don't really post here, but I feel the need to. I'm proud of the Gold medal we earned on Thursday night...it was certainly the most amazing performance I've ever had. As far as Saturday's performance, I congratulate ECJ on their win. They had the better performance that day, and were deserving of the win and their resulting title.

It was certainly an exciting season that ended with too much confusion thanks to a screwy format. No matter what opinion anyone has regarding shows, repertoire, difficulty, etc. the truth is that ECJ edged us out on that particular day. Nice job, guys. You earned it.

This post is certainly more indicative of what I have known Spartans members to be like from personal experience. I appreciate your sincere vocalizations of congratulations. It was great competing with you guys all season, going back and forth from show to show. Made for some great motivation and certainly helped make the season more interesting. Thank you.

Edited by TTitans909

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, point taken. Just imagine if the group from Taiwan won a night and Raiders won the other!  :blink:

ECJTuba: I think somf's comment was directed to members of the Spartans, not of ECJ. 

sobe: your comments were highly incosiderate, but hey, I don't need to say that, I think everyone else already had.

JUST AN FYI....

I was not directing this to any staff,,, On Saturday, there were some directors walking around asking what was going on and why they were there, that they felt the championships were Thursday night. So again, all I was saying is, if a staff member did not know what was going on and then they told thier kids something different, that of course you would have what we have right now.....

A REAL CLUSTERFUTT!!!

Grand Finals night, our staff didn't run onto the field screaming like Seniors leaving High School.

Sorry

I don't post much on here, but this just irritates me. Is it wrong for a staff to get excited when your corps finally achieves what it has been working so hard for all season? Also, it wasn't just the staff that ran on to the field, the audience came down too. You could say that grand finals this year was ECJ's home show, because it was in our state. Being from MA, I've seen many videos of the Boston Celtics winning world championships and having the fans run onto the court to celebrate with them. No one would criticize that. That's all I have to say.

Edited by Eric12183

So after seeing what would happen if I posted a reply like that of a certain ECJ duo...

(Ie. their posts were of the same nature)

I get PMs and thread replies full of anger.

Guess my little experiment worked.

Thank you

:blink:

All jokes aside.

Everyone had an amazing set of shows during finals week.

Teal Sound especially (WTG guys!!)

-----------

Seriously though.

It hurts when your Corps is insulted by someone else isn't it?

Welcome to pre-season this year...

So after seeing what would happen if I posted a reply like that of a certain ECJ duo...

Thank you

All jokes aside.

-----------

Seriously though.

Nice cover-up

Thank you

All jokes aside.

-----------

Seriously though.

Your full of it.

So anybody got anythign positive to say

Congrats to the east coast for an entire sweep of DCI.  Cadets, ECJ, Spartans, and Raiders.  Great job guys.

My advice would to both ECJ and Spartans members is DO NOT POST ANYTHING NEGATIVE on this board! There have been a couple of posts from members on each side that really were not needed. Try to remember when your feelings are hurt by someones elses post and you start typing to 'get back at someone' you may be typing something you REALLY don't mean!

Both corps should be proud of the seasons they had. ECJ is the DIV II World Champions for 2005, always will be, and nothing can take that away. Spartans are the Div II Divisional Gold Medal winners, always will be, and nothing can take that away. I am not saying it makes sense, but who cares, congratulations!

Aside from all of the controversy, Div II/III was so strong this year! If the only show you were able to attend was one of the Div II/III finals week performances, you didn't miss out on a thing! Sitting in the stands all 3 days was a treat. This summer showed that these two divisions are not the lesser divisions in DCI, but competitive groups that just happen to have smaller numbers than Div I corps. The talent in all of these coprs was very impressive. Congrats to all of you, and thank you for providing all of us spectators with such great performances! :blink:

My advice would to both ECJ and Spartans members is DO NOT POST ANYTHING NEGATIVE on this board! There have been a couple of posts from members on each side that really were not needed. Try to remember when your feelings are hurt by someones elses post and you start typing to 'get back at someone' you may be typing something you REALLY don't mean!

Both corps should be proud of the seasons they had. ECJ is the DIV II World Champions for 2005, always will be, and nothing can take that away. Spartans are the Div II Divisional Gold Medal winners, always will be, and nothing can take that away. I am not saying it makes sense, but who cares, congratulations!

Aside from all of the controversy, Div II/III was so strong this year! If the only show you were able to attend was one of the Div II/III finals week performances, you didn't miss out on a thing! Sitting in the stands all 3 days was a treat. This summer showed that these two divisions are not the lesser divisions in DCI, but competitive groups that just happen to have smaller numbers than Div I corps. The talent in all of these coprs was very impressive. Congrats to all of you, and thank you for providing all of us spectators with such great performances! :blink:

Absolutely right. I caught all 3 days of 2/3 competition and Sat night of D1 finals. Sat night I was bored. This isn't because I'm a parent of kids in a D2 Corps. I've been a 2/3 parent for 5 years now. This was the first year that the majority of D1 didn't move me (PR being almost the sole exception). This year the show, and the competition was in D2/3. Congrats and thanks to all. This was Drum Corps the way it should be.

Absolutely right. I caught all 3 days of 2/3 competition and Sat night of D1 finals.  Sat night I was bored.  This isn't because I'm a parent of kids in a D2 Corps.  I've been a 2/3 parent for 5 years now.  This was the first year that the majority of D1 didn't move me (PR being almost the sole exception).  This year the show, and the competition was in D2/3.  Congrats and thanks to all.  This was Drum Corps the way it should be.

Agreed.

This year all the entertainment was in DII/DIII. PR is what did it for me as well, Div I Finals night.

I wil have to say that seeing Raiders take Div III was pretty impressive.

And Teal Sound doing scoring as high as they did, in their first year in Div II, made me estatic.

Back and forth with ECJ during the year, who could want anything else?

Keeps things interesting and keeps people wanting more.

Div II/III is alive and well in DCI.

B)