Spirit + Crossmen = Mutual Respect

See! Yanks and Rebs can get along!!

To the Crossmen and Spirit (of AtlantaGeorgiaAtantafromJSU B) ), way to show true class. You've done all of us proud.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres always been a very close bond between the two corps. even going beyond the story thats been posted and well known. The delta that the contras made in '04 is not only a testament to the true friendship of the corps but also something within the contra sections themselves.

In '04 like this year, the two corps were neck and neck every show trading off positions. and most of the time the corps would be next to each other at retreat. well spirits contras, to pass the time, and just have a good time, would randomly bang out the green acres lick on the tops of the horns, with the whole line joining in on the last two beats. well after about 5 shows we caught wind of this and started joining in. and it became a little thing between the 22 contra members. and it was solidified at allentown when the two corps combined to play both Russian and Georgia. 22 contra with a nearly perfect ripple up and blowin away at georgia b**bs we were truely playing as one line. i know theres a video out there somewhere of it.

anyway thats just more to had to the rich history of the two corps.

PS- i'm the front left corner of the delta

Edited by bonesinPA

I never get tired of hearing this story. Brotherhood and sisterhood in drum corps is an incredible thing.

I'd say that gets my award for best horn stack ever B)

I have never heard that story before, of 1980.  It almost seems too horrible to be true.  I think it's incredible that the two corps still share the same bond 25 years later.  What a touching story.

It was printed in 1980, but it happened in 1979. I can tell you first hand from experience it was a year like no other and one that I will never forget.

I gave up my bus seat so that I could rest one of Spirit's snare drums on it. I carefully wrapped a towel around it so it would not get scratched. I don't remember how long I stood up while we rode to where Spirit was waiting.

It was incredible that all of us were thinking the same thing....save the equipment!

Anyway, it thrills me to no end that the two corps are just as close as we were back then. :worthy:

I'd say that gets my award for best horn stack ever B)

I was told they spent their entire rehearsal before finals practicing it

Edited by spiritsop01