best venue & city

The new Soldier Field in Chicago. Outstanding location, huge concert side seating capacity (no bowl, unlike, ahem, 'other' cities...), easy and cheap transportation into town, and more to do during the days than any other city that's ever hosted DCI. Well, except for JACKSON, of course... ^0^

Soldier_Field.jpg

Where's the.....ah.......PARKING????

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memorial Stadium, Bloomington IN.

I don't know why DCI feels the need to have them at over priced NFL stadiums. Just please don't ever have it at Foxboro again. The stadium is not built for drum corps...the sound travels up and bounces back and people at the top don't get good drum corps sound. (Thankfully couldn't hear BD's narration too much sounded distorted what we could hear) :)

They should consider going back to doing College Universities and coinciding with college campuses for finals, this would be a great way for them to recruit and it's just more feasible finanically. They could get with the colleges and get them to offer some kind of a schloraship for marchers or something..just a suggestion.

Anyway, I would suggest (if they insist on a NFL stadium) Jacksonville, Fl. (Alltell)The stadium would be a PERFECT set up for the sound. We went to see the Titans beat Jaguars there and that was the first thought..DCI would be good there, and/or The Titans stadium. I know y'all hate the thought of Fl, but better rates for hotels, and the stadium is perfect. DCI should be more considerate of people's finances and quit trying to have them at these over priced places. Most family or spectators at these shows already are paying for kids to march.

Or when you go back to Denver, we might consider going back just for the view..that was a great stadium....great city...LOVED Denver. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lancerlady

Seattle.  Hands down.  I love the city and it's well....let the stadiums speak for themselves.

Div 1: Qwest Field (we've played in it once, everything about this place is awesome, just...awesome)

cover04.jpg

Div 2/3: Husky Stadium, another great place, and it's just gorgeous!

Husky_stadium.jpg

The weather would be nice early August too.  Not too warm, not too cold.  The evening breeze coming from the Puget Sound.  Oh, and plenty of housing sites - nice ones too...unlike Boston *ahem*.  (we were in, well, not a nice place)

The Seahawks place is incredible-- GO SHAWN ALEXANDER!!!!!-- But I don't know if DCI would get the attendance they want up there.

My vote is for Adelphia Colliseum in Nashville TN (Titans Stadium) Downtown Nashville. Plenty to do and I guarantee you'd have over 30,000 for Finals!

LOL, do you drive Rt 3 during rush hour? Or are you only on it when you are leaving a show late at night? Of course there's no problems at 11:30pm.... but the corps still have to get TO the stadium.

Just a few weeks ago at the last YEA show there were people in the audience who were scrambling for rides back to Manhattan because the NJ transit buses had done their last run from the track during the show. Transportation is an issue unless a deal is cut with NJ Transit for late night buses back to NYC.

That's too many corps to house in a very tight area. Can you imagine the problems of housing a corps even 40 miles away and trying to get there fighting shore & commuter traffic? (think semi's and prelims) And would you do D2/3 there also? If not, where?

On top of that, there are many stadiums that have MUCH better sound for corps than the Meadowlands. Sure, it would be nice to have finals right here in Jersey, but really, there are better locations.... and besides, we have plenty of shows here in Jersey during any given summer. Let's give it to someone who doesn't have as many shows. Between D1 shows D2/3 shows and DCA shows, there's always a show to attend in NJ.

Personally, I think it would be great to go back to Canada.... at least as long as we have a good exchange rate. :) Does the roof retract on Olympic Stadium in Montreal?

Otherwise I'd vote for Charlotte.

Editing because I guess I'd have to pick Toronto for a city that's never hosted finals instead of Montreal.... still it would be nice to go up north for finals!

Besides the Traffic .. Its the housing. I believe that would be the problem. Although there are tons of schools. Not enough are hip about anyone staying in them. (I said hip) b**bs

Then throw in the fact that Giant Stadium is used by two NFL teams(Yeah Giants!!) which will be in Preseason and normally when one is not there the other is.

As great it would be for me and others. No hotel 45 minutes and I am home. Most likely someone practicing at Oldbridge High school. I know it will probably never happen. :(

Cincinnati is the perfect choice. Right where the South and the Midwest meet. Paul Brown Stadium for D1 and Nippert Stadium for D2-3. Plenty of housing available in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. A stadium right on the river with easy access to after-contest bars/restaurants. Plenty of parking and easy access roads directly to the venue (unlike the road to Gillette -- what does that thing look liek on Sundays?). Anyway, I think it's time to spread the wealth and tap into some new areas for Finals. So I support Cincy as a great site for Finals.

What about the stadium where the Jags play...I believe it was used for this year's Super Bowl back in February?

Which would be great if DCI were in February.

The last few years in "cooler" climates have proven yet again that Madison, Denver, and Boston can be hot and stormy in late Summer. What's needed is a mid-continent dome:

Toronto Skydome (in its football configuration, this isn't DCA)

Minneapolis Metrodome

St. Louis ________ (TWA) Dome

New Orleans Superdome.

I think that it would be great to hold DCI in the middle of Missouri at Mizzou's stadium in Columbia, MO. Div II/DivIII could be held at one of the high Schools in the area. There are a couple of really nice high-school stadiums because some of the schools in the area are really large and have great football teams. Very few shows are held in Missouri. I have traveled far and wide for many years to enjoy drum corp.