Returning Div III corps for '06

One thing you learn after being on DCP for awhile.... just about every thread turns sour. No matter what the topic is, some jerk will come and find a way to rip it up and make things bad. I think it's b/c some people just can't except the fact the Drum Corps is changing alot , changing faster than most people thought it would, and they can't do anything about it. Drum Corps is evolving, may not beinto something pleasant, but it's evolving into something.

Back on topic

So the list is at

Bandettes

Americanos

Hypnotix

Silver Sabres

Marion Glory Cadets

Lehigh Valley Knights

did I miss any?

Edited by MelloHorn13

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can officially take Eklipse off of your list for maybe coming back on the field. After much looking and figuring money and logistics...the support just isn't here. I could make a go of it. It would fail long term so I am not going to put my organization through that.

However as far as Hypnotix goes they are off to a good start. The money is there (initially) and they have a very soild plan in place for their future. After just ordering brand new horns and drums, with a full front ensemble....things look great indeed. I am not saying that there is a merger of Eklipse and Hypnotix (that would be greatly overexagerating things) but let me say that talks have opened to have a very close working realtionship. I have expereince and the heart and passion for this activity and I also have access to a wonderful guard designer and a pretty good colorguard. I just want Joe and the rest of the Hypnotix team to be successful. Joe was and still is to a degree a part of my administration team here at Eklipse. He spent a full year watching and learning about how to do and how not to do things. Like I tell Joe..."There is no How To guide to run one of these things, so do the best you can and you have help if you want it." I want the kids that go there to have the best experience of their lives, and if Eklipse can help in anyway with that long term goal then I would be very excited. Imperiela Guard did it back in the day ( I was in the snare line in 1983...the year of their death) and I know it can happen again.

Best of luck to Hypnotix...I hope to be a part of your team.

Joe and the rest of the folks there in Evansville are as good of people as you can find...i hope everyone yells loud for them this next summer!

Brad

Eklipse

Edited by Eklipse

the sarcasticness really isn't needed for a corps who hasn't even fielded yet... leave them alone, and let them do what they are doing. Then, if you dont like the product they bring the the field, you can write it in a review. But until then, how bout we try and be mature about it.

~>conner

Or better yet, volunteer to pitch in and help out to make SURE we get off to a good start B)

One thing you learn after being on DCP for awhile.... just about every thread turns sour. No matter what the topic is, some jerk will come and find a way to rip it up and make things bad. I think it's b/c some people just can't except the fact the Drum Corps is changing alot , changing faster than most people thought it would, and they can't do anything about it.  Drum Corps is evolving, may not beinto something pleasant, but it's evolving into something.

Back on topic

So the list is at

Bandettes

Americanos

Hypnotix

Silver Sabres

Marion Glory Cadets

Lehigh Valley Knights

did I miss any?

Do you have confirmation regarding LVK coming back in 2006?

The web site remains the same, no updates, no information.

All the corps that have shown intentions of coming back have posted detailed information regarding thier return.

Ok this is the confirmed list of new/returning Div III corps for the '06 season:

Bandettes

Americanos

Hypnotix

Marion Glory Cadets

Here are the unconfirmed ones:

Salina Silver Sabres

Strutters

Lehigh Valley Knights

These corps that are unconfirmed cause I have yet to hear/see any updates in regards to plans for the '06 season. Feel free to correct me on those, (or add any more that you know of) I'd love to be wrong!!

I also heard mention of:

Pride of Oakland

Is this going to be a DCI competing corps? And if so, are they going to Madison?

Either way, best of luck to the folks out there.

The more the merrier I say, And my heartfelt best wishes to all of these corps and the rest of us in the DII/III activity for the coming season.

P.S. it is awesome to see people like Brad from Eklipse doing what they can to keep the activity alive and growing.

P.S.S I'd love to volunteer, but I've still got another season to march! :P

Edited by Canadacorps

A new parade corps for 2005 was the Renaissance from central Pa. which bably needed a junior corps.  Plans for 2006 was to field a D2/3 corps.    I hope all success to this new organazation for next summer.

Chalet Harris and her husband have been trying for a couple of years. They are getting closer to being a reality. They are good people, hope the best for them.

Here are the unconfirmed ones:

Salina Silver Sabres

The Silver Sabres' website has the following:

In the spring of 2005 we encountered several major problems which led to the Sabres going inactive for the season. In the months since then we have been working to solve these issues. Our hope is to be able to announce a 2006 startup date soon.

If it was an easy task to start a drum & bugle corps every town would have one, but it isn't. We, the management of the Sabres, have grown to realize the complexity and magnitude of what we started several years ago. This year our goal is to restructure the management team, secure a permanent practice site, find addition staff instructors, and establish a ongoing fund raising plan. We have no intentions of quiting, it's just that our drum corps journey required us to take one step back and regroup. Hopefully we will be a better organization for doing it.

It doesn't necessarily "comfirm" them, but it shows they are making an effort.

Best wishes to all returning/new corps this season!