Most Standing O's A Show Has Received

I freely admit my knowledge is only fairly recent (92 to current) but I think Madison '97 at the end of the Pirates of Lake Mendota show was the loudest I have ever heard at one moment. When I listen to that show on CD I actually have to remember to turn the volume down immediately after the show ends becuase the ovation is so loud. You can hear the cheering go on the last little bit of the show, but as soon as they finish the last note of the show, there is this erruption of sound from the crowd. The previous poster is right, though. That run Madison had from roughly '95-'97 had some great ovations throughout. Just my $.02.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Remember it like yesterday...the "lost" DCI year of 1973, Oshkosh WI...5 standing Os. Yep, I counted them as they happened I was so blown away by that crowd.

I gotta give a mention to ' 75 Madison Scouts.  That show had so many impact points built in to it and the performers never seemed to miss ANY of them. 

At finals I witnessed at least two of the standing O's from the back sideline as we waited to go on after them.

Man, those guys could really bring it! :worthy:

man... I'd hate to have to follow '75 Scouts. Might have to light the DM on fire to get a rise out of the crowd!

man... I'd hate to have to follow '75 Scouts. Might have to light the DM on fire to get a rise out of the crowd!

We hated following Scouts at any show........

Especially 85 Finals....first time in the home town and we were the unlucky ones to have to follow the home team. We had a good crowd response, but nothing like the home team........

man...  I'd hate to have to follow '75 Scouts.  Might have to light the DM on fire to get a rise out of the crowd!

Oh, I don't know. As Russell mentioned, we followed after Madison in '75 and we still got one heck of a rise out of that crowd. And on the sidelines, the instructors were going absolutly nuts! I had never, that entire season, seen them jump up and down and scream their heads off like they did that night. And we didn't even have to light the DM on fire! :P

'75...A Great year for Drum Corps my friend.

Renegades with 6.....

And what a fun night that was. Best drum corps experience of my life!

93 PR... The crowd went absolutely ape! Three remarkable standing O's.

And what a fun night that was. Best drum corps experience of my life!

Me too. I get goose bumps every time I even think about it. Nice to know someone else felt the same way.

Me too.  I get goose bumps every time I even think about it.  Nice to know someone else felt the same way.

Well, seeing as I marched with two corps that usually only received "courtesy" standing ovations, I'll never forget the night of the 6. In fact, until I marched Renegades in '03, I've never had the pleasure of hearing a crowd go ape#### before. I didn't think anything could replace that feeling. Until I heard the boos for our score at finals that year. So, I didn't think anything could replace that. Again, I was proven wrong last year with the 6 standing O's.

I just wish I was marching this year because the Renegades are stronger then ever.