No 2006 DCA at Hershey

Surprised no one else posted this already.

http://www.pennlive.com/search/index.ssf?/...pennnews&coll=1

Much as I would have liked DCA in my backyard, good call DCA.

I love this part of the story.Just shows me if Hershey was the front runner,,then all of the Winston Salem efforts have failed.

Here's to seeing you in the Northeast in 2006 :worthy:

"Silva said Hershey was among four finalists when it was ruled out in the wake of the legal dispute.

"They were a front-runner," he said. "I was really disappointed that the whole controversy took place. ... But I just couldn't in good conscience subject DCA to that kind of welcome."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone catch this part?

what happened to Syracuse?

from page 2 of the article :

"Silva said remaining candidates to host the 2006 event are Rochester, N.Y., and Winston-Salem, N.C. "

anyone catch this part?

from page 2 of the article :

"Silva said remaining candidates to host the 2006 event are Rochester, N.Y., and Winston-Salem, N.C. "

Then,,heres to seeing you in Rochester,NY in 2006 :worthy:

well i dunno...that stadium isn't even fully built yet.

well i dunno...that stadium isn't even fully built yet.

Now you see,,,,that would make perfect sense based on the way they have voted in the past.

Silva's comments should shed a lot of light into what the powers at be are thinking.

Hershey with all of its problems was a front runner????????????????????

And Winston Salem is rolling out the red carpet and throwing everything they got at DCA????

Shows me they are thinking about ANYTHING but a Winston Salem Venue.

Here is to seeing you in Rochester,NY 2006

:worthy:

Edited by camel lips

yeah, 96 all over again

Yeah, I remember DCA 1996. Syracuse is NOT an ideal venue for us in drum corps. Trains passing by during corps performances; fireworks exploding nearby during corps performances; etc. But the biggest negative I thought was the proximity of the audience to the competing corps. Remember, it is a BASEBALL stadium. But instead of using either the 3rd base or 1st base line as the front sideline, they selected NEITHER. Instead, they put all the corps in the OUTFIELD!!

Duh. The corps were then too far away from the seated audience. All visceral impact from the live performance was greatly dimished, if not eliminated. Nope. Not a good choice. With the corps in the outfield, it is NOT a good choice. IMHO

Jim

<--- had the string on my accidentals break before my performance in Syracuse this past Saturday due to the gravel conditions in the lot.

Syracuse is not a pit-friendly venue by any means.

I love this part of the story.Just shows me if Hershey was the front runner,,then all of the Winston Salem efforts have failed.

Here's to seeing you in the Northeast in 2006 :worthy:

"Silva said Hershey was among four finalists when it was ruled out in the wake of the legal dispute.

"They were a front-runner," he said. "I was really disappointed that the whole controversy took place. ... But I just couldn't in good conscience subject DCA to that kind of welcome."

when you have so few stadiums bidding does't that make all of them a front runner? the article didn't say they were THE front runner. if you were talking that they were debating 10 bids that comment would show me they were one of the top 3 up for consideration. but if they are 3 of 3, which it appears from everything said they were, that comment pretty much seems inconsequential.