DCI Season Pass

How would you rate Season Pass?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Season Pass?

• Bought it and loved it (would definitely buy again)
    • Bought it and liked it (would probably buy again)
    • Bought it and thought it was ok (might buy again)
    • Bought it and did not like it (would not buy again)
    • Did not buy it

As a member of the Drum Corps web community (member of BD web team), I am interested to see what people thought of the first year. I personally thought it was a worthwhile endeavor, and would love to see it continued. It was great to be able to hear corps from out of my area, and to listen to drum corps through the years streaming onto my PC.

This is a serious attempt to gather feedback for the DCI webteam, and I would appreciate your insights.

Thanks!

I voted not to rebuy. I will if the services improve. If it would be live streamed performances, I would even pay more. The snapshots didn't do much for me. Personally everything season pass allowed me to see, were the same things I saw for free last year. I expected more.

I actually enjoyed and received more information on Finals night from the BD blog. It was fantastic.

I think you should be able to stream ALL the APD's. I believe that this would also spur APD purchases and not decrease them. It would definitely enhance the value of Season Pass membership.

I agree - subscribers should get to stream the APD's.

I thought it was worth the cost for this summer, but next summer I would expand greatly increased features or it won't be as much of a value. I can live with this being the "beta" year, but next year they really need to come out with guns blazing.

Mike

This is a serious attempt to gather feedback for the DCI webteam, and I would appreciate your insights.

Thanks!

Chris,

Thanks for taking on this endeavor!

I was excited by the possibilties presented by the Season Pass project and as an annual subscriber enjoyed the content for a first time offering. I will admit to being disappointed by the technical snafus that interrupted the coverage in Allentown and at finals, but again - I had to consider the limited dedicated staff, the learning curve relative to the new offering, and the fact that "stuff" happens! :huh: However, I am a little unhappy that the promised updates from finals have yet to make an appearance over a week later. IMO, this undermines the credibility of DCI relative to making Season Pass a successful offering. It is my hope and expectation that the offering improves significantly in dependability and technical excellence next season.

Overall, I'd say that I am a satisfied customer with some rather minor reservations. And yes - I will buy again next year, but my expectations will be higher!

Best Regards.

Michael Terry (the elder)

This service is definitely worth the cost when it is working. DCI will need to show more attention to their customers and make the material during live events less stale to make it where I would unequivocally re-up. I have posted a long list of things done right, wrong, and suggestions for improvements. I have also sent this directly to DCI. They have our input, lets see what they do with it. At least they turned off the annoying video at the login screen! This was the only content change since Finals, even though they promised to put up the videos last week.

I answered the OK answer, might buy again, and the reason is that it depends on how quality improves over the course of the year that I have subscribed to. If I get more more and better content in the off-season and improvement in quality, I will be back next year. If they drop the ball and ignore us until June, I'm gone.

I did not buy it, as I was waiting to hear rave reviews before I took the plunge. The video I saw snippits of last year was very poor quality and the sound was not clear - this is what I was expecting, so I did not feel it was worthwhile to invest. If someone can tell me that the quality was great, then I would not hesitate in subscribing.

The streaming audio is great

The webcam had its moments

WORST lack of cohesive customer service in communicating issues and making promises they couldn't keep. Having a year to plan for Allentown knowing the "shed" and they still didn't have a backup plan...

Webcam problems Finals while aggravating what was WORSE was they didn't communicate the issue to the subscribers until almost 9PM...that is unexcusable as soon as the problem arose they should of at least posted a tempory diffculties note....

And another failure is to make promises that we will have "treats" the following week and yet here it is almost end of the month and nothing...my membership is expiring and I won't get to see anything "special" if and when they post it....just a sad sad example of poor customer support....

Being in the IT field I understand the issues that can arise but when they do you have to immediately contact your users/clients and let them know.....Like I said before they sell portable IT/Web equipment that is wireless for about 5,000 might be a good investment that way you have your own equipment rather than hopeing the stadium has the equipment.....

On Another note maybe they could stream DCI live next year at least audio thru a company like Live365.com that offer event/company opportunities...

I thought it was excellent, and far exceed my expectations, snafu's and all. Dan Potter's weekly segments were outstanding. Very professionally put together and enjoyable. The streaming snippets gave me previews of shows I wasn't able to otherwise see until late July. Loved it.

Harvey