PR Co-Ed Guard?

woo phantom here i come...

b**bs :master:

Whew for a second your name totally described my brother.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if there is lack of interest in the guard for Phantom Regiment (god forbid) I could see a reason why they'd make it co-ed.

Yeah... what guard girl would possibly want to march a corps that was the clear crowd favorite and finished 3rd this year? :master:

I am not under the impression that Pat Seidling does not value the corps' traditions and identity. I trust he'll do what's best.

Yeah... what guard girl would possibly want to march a corps that was the clear crowd favorite and finished 3rd this year? :master:

I am not under the impression that Pat Seidling does not value the corps' traditions and identity.  I trust he'll do what's best.

I said if. I'm not saying thats the case. If. :) If there is lack of interest in the guard maybe they'll make it co-ed.

If they do open it to guys... So be it.. there's a good reason for everything.

Yes tradition is important, but if it harm the quality of performance on the field.. it's pointless.

Next thing you know there gonna be something on here about Madison opening the corps to females b/c they had Carmen.

b**bs  :master:

Whew for a second your name totally described my brother.

whats that mean?

I believe the Phantom Regiment, and especially it's Program Coordinator, Dan Ferrill and it's Program Advisor, Dr. Dan Richardson, will not break with tradition without a reason. Both gentlemen go back a long, long time with the Phantom Regiment. I would suggest that they would argue more vehemently for the preservation of the Phantom Regiment's traditions more loudly than anyone. But, not at the expense of the overall quality of the program chosen for their 50th Anniversay Season!

The addition of John Owen this year, as the Gene Kelly character, was simply done to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the overall program performed by the Phantom Regiment. If the colorguard is co-ed in 2006 because the program will be better served by the inclusion of male guard members, then so be it. I certainly am in no position to doubt their judgement on anything after the seeing the evolution of their "Rhapsody" show this season. :master:

Robert

Edited by PRPHAN