What's your favorite 12th place show?

I was watching 1983 Sky Ryders and I was thinking for 12th place that was a great show. I thought it was underrated. So it got me to thinking that would be a cool topic for discussion.

What are some of your favorite 12th place shows? :)

I was watching 1983 Sky Ryders and I was thinking for 12th place that was a great show. I thought it was underrated.  So it got me to thinking that would be a cool topic for discussion.

What are some of your favorite 12th place shows?  :)

Steph, No !!!!!! Underrated ? No, more like overrated, extremely. Except for the brass, the rest of the corps was a disappointment anda let down after the promise of 1982.

Execution-wise, their visual was a mess, no solid forms, slow moving, messy transitions, drums were dirty, flags were dirty. This was a show that shouldnot have made finals. Crossmen, Troopers, Aliance, and Knights had much better prelims performances, its the brass that kept them so high.

A true let down after the phenomenal show of 1982.

~G~

Hey G, I meant their horn line, should've clarified, it, yeah "what drill"? I wasn't able to see much from this production.. :P

Back in the "good old days", Bellville Black Knights of Ill. would always have a nicing pleasing show and would sneak into 12th place at the VFW.

If I am not mistaken, they would everyonce in a while pull a surprise in the Midwest during the season.

Great Uniforms!!!

CODI

The Stockton Commodores

:rolleyes: I forget exactly what year(s), but it was either 73 or 74.

99 Colts. Great corps all around. Love the in your face ending. And a hot DM.

1987 Skyryders were simply stunning. Great concept, great use of color, great arrangements. A solid corps.

~G~

That was a Mark Sylvester drill, I believe. I'm pretty sure he came out to Hutch during the first week of daily rehearsals and helped get the visual ball rolling. Unfortunately, I graduated from high school a week later than Kansas schools ended so I missed that.

The total show concept was program coordinator Tommy Keenum's. I learned more about actually "performing" and getting inside the emotion of the material that summer from him than I had learned my entire life up to that point.

The scaffolding took allot of time to put together and take apart, and load and unload. But it sure helped create the West Side Story theme. The color guard jump off the scaffolding at the beginning of the show was pretty kewl.

I've posted on other threads how awestruck I was by the maturity of our color guard that year. (I was a total rookie but I still knew they were amazing.) I'm pretty sure we had guard members who came to Sky that year just to be in THAT show.

:rolleyes: