Regiment Canon in D Lot Warmup?

I'm a bit tired of the whole Canon thing, personally. Loved it in 2003, but I'm pretty much over it by now. HOWEVER, that drumline clip is something worth hyping over. ####, they had one HECK (:)) of a drumline last year, and were highly underrated and underscored. Amazing how much of a turnaround they've had in drums over the past few years.

I agree. I also tend to feel that when a corps plays a ballad as a warm-up/victory concert type thing it tends to lose all of the phrasing and emotion that it had when it was originally practiced and molded to perfection over the course of a 1 1/2-month season... SCV released a recording of them playing the Bottle Dance sometime last year, and it just didn't have the same power it did when they played it in shows. I don't know, this is just my opinion.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to let everyone know, at the 50th anniversary concert this year, phantom will be performing canon, the opener from spartacus, and the finale to new world at a stand still. also, as for the warm ups, many classic shows are played, including canon, new world, firebird, bacchanale, fire of eternal glory, and i believe elsas procession. maybe more but thats what i can remember off the top of my head.

just to let everyone know, at the 50th anniversary concert this year, phantom will be performing canon, the opener from spartacus, and the finale to new world at a stand still. also, as for the warm ups, many classic shows are played, including canon, new world, firebird, bacchanale, fire of eternal glory, and i believe elsas procession. maybe more but thats what i can remember off the top of my head.

Please tell me that they're going to record / sell this concert... :)

Mike

In all honesty, I'm rather bored by Canon. It's a beautiful piece, but the structure is just so simple, and there's the same chord progression over

and over

and over.

I much preferred a Defiant Heart, or the closer to A New World Symphony.

PR is most likely my favorite corps of all time. :)

Well that's what a Canon is. Cry about it.

I have the full hornline score for the medly of various previous shows. It's New World (89), Canon (03), Firebird (78), Serenade for Strings (83), Fire of Eternal Glory (93), and Bacchanale (91). They handed it out at auditions. And I'm positive they don't want it floating around the net. So I'll be content to play it as a warm up by myself. :(

Me jealous :P

I have the full hornline score for the medly of various previous shows. It's New World (89), Canon (03), Firebird (78), Serenade for Strings (83), Fire of Eternal Glory (93), and Bacchanale (91). They handed it out at auditions. And I'm positive they don't want it floating around the net. So I'll be content to play it as a warm up by myself. :(

Still have my sheet music. Well, most of it-- including Fire, which we played at retreat for a while in 94 (see Nikk's website on that).

Edited by year1buick