Southern drum corps family - check in.

I'm not sure how many times my weather alarm went off during the night but all is well west of Atlanta. Lots of high wind and rain but nothing serious. I've got a CV family staying with me from Meterrie, LA and they're still trying to find out how their home faired. Please keep them in your prayers.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got another CV person (volunteer) staying with me. He lost everything... His storage shed with all his personal furniture and stuff was (I said was) in Mandeville. Since most everything else there was blown away, I can't guarantee anything of that is still there either.

I still can't find my aunt and Uncle from Slidell either. We're trying to get text messaging through, and having spotty results... Pray for everyone involved. Many of us have/may have incredible losses.

I should be excited that DCA is this weekend and I can look forward to a wonderful weekend of Drum Corps. However, looking across the dinner table at my wife last night, I made the decision that unless we hear from her family by tomorrow night, DCA will be a no go. They all lived in the Waveland and Bay St. Louis area on the Miss. Gulf Coast.

If anyone has any contact with someone that can maybe help find them, I would appreciate a PM.

Either way, going to DCA or not, my thoughts and prayers are with all who are affected by this monster.

To all my friends in the Grennies, Statesmen, White Sabers, Cabs, best of luck this weekend.

CRU ----- WE GO ON. You CAN do it.

Tom MaKinster

Executive Director

North Coast Rock

Any news yet, Tom?

I have to admit. Finally last night, I reached my saturation point. I simply could not take any more of the images from the news. It's so devistating and so heart breaking. I'm doing what I can financially, so is my company. I hope everyone reaches deep into their pockets or gives of their time or other donations. The devistation is simply stunning. I'm sorry for those of you out there that can't simply "turn it off".

You're all in my prayers.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

I know how you feel Lisa, its just incredible the amount of devastation.

I know I've got a few CV buddies that I was definately thinking of. Just remember that a house doesn't make a home. So no matter what is left or not there, the family is safe and you'll rebuild in time.

I know we have one member of our American Flag party that lives in the south, Su Jaeger,  that was getting to higher ground, I'll find out from AFP folks how she's doing. 

Su left me a voice mail sometime this morning. She is in Texas somewhere. She sounded very rattled and rather distraught. :(

i tried to call her back but the cell signals are skitzy at best. :(

To everyone out there in drum corps land,

There is never a good time for disaster to strike. I'll be heading to Scranton tomorrow morning. I'm returning Monday evening. If I or anyone in GCS could help with those displaced by the hurricane and need assistance in the Houston area, please PM me and we'll see what we could do to help.

Our prayers go out to all.

To everyone out there in drum corps land,

There is never a good time for disaster to strike.  I'll be heading to Scranton tomorrow morning.  I'm returning Monday evening.  If I or anyone in GCS could help with those displaced by the hurricane and need assistance in the Houston area, please PM me and we'll see what we could do to help. 

Our prayers go out to all.

Same here. We have some room in Nashville for any displaced drum corps family.

Vic Kulinski told me that Nolan Jones of the Jackson Generals called him last night but did not leave a message. Safe to say no news is good news in that case. We just want to know how the rest of the Generals corps members are.

I've got another CV person (volunteer) staying with me.  He lost everything...  His storage shed with all his personal furniture and stuff was (I said was) in Mandeville.  Since most everything else there was blown away, I can't guarantee anything of that is still there either. 

I still can't find my aunt and Uncle from Slidell either.  We're trying to get text messaging through, and having spotty results...  Pray for everyone involved.  Many of us have/may have incredible losses.

Two familes from Slidell are in my house and my finaces parents house from Slidell as well. We're finally starting to get some reports in from the area and some National Guard friends are feedign us info as they can.

For all of those who are displaced or have friends or family who are missing / displaced, all of our prayers are with you.