Phantom 2006 News

Please excuse me if this is old news, but I thought it was worthy of discussion...

I just read Pat Seidling's season recap at regiment.org, and a few neat pieces of information were included:

Phantom was considering a European tour in 2006, but in the end, decided to stay home. They do intend on touring Europe someday. I'm glad they decided to stay. There would just be something wrong with going to Europe for the 50th anniversary season. They belong in the States - for the fans. Go international in 2007.

No show announcement for 2006 - but - he did say that "they think they have their finger on a GREAT ONE for 2006." What could it be??? The mystery is killing me. I wonder how long they've known about this. They must have talked about it on tour this year.

Also, no staff changes (to mention) for 2006. It appears everyone is coming back. That bodes really well for the guard and drumline, as well as simply the overall entertainment value of the 2006 production.

Should be an awesome year. Madison 2006 baby!

No show announcement for 2006 - but - he did say that "they think they have their finger on a GREAT ONE for 2006." What could it be??? The mystery is killing me. I wonder how long they've known about this. They must have talked about it on tour this year.

Of course, how many corps would say "they think they have their finger on a LOUSY ONE for 2006." :P

Mike

notice the :P at the end of his post, which indicates he was jokeing.

~>conner

Phantom was considering a European tour in 2006, but in the end, decided to stay home. They do intend on touring Europe someday. I'm glad they decided to stay. There would just be something wrong with going to Europe for the 50th anniversary season. They belong in the States - for the fans. Go international in 2007.

And yeah, there are no PR fans in Europe right? :whistle:

going to europe worked pretty well for madison's 50th anniversary...

but yes, i hope that phantom comes up with a good show design for 06... 05 and 04 didn't really do it for me - well designed, but just not my cup of tea...

i hope they go back to a more classical show.

That's good because Glassmen are already going to Europe in 2006, from what I understand. It wouldn't be good for two N. American corps to be gone for half the summer.

Word around town is PR is looking for a new Visual Caption Head?

ABB

i'm gonna go ahead and call this one and say... um... no chance, and if they are one will be coming from in house...

the new visual team at the phantom regiment is very committed, very good, and have rapidly helped change the visual program....i don't see them leaving any time soon

hey, i could be wrong... where is your information coming from?

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken