Now that singing has become "acceptable"

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, there you go again...I don't stay on the planet 24/7 I do have other things in my life you know as far as your.:crickets: comment this is the first time I've seen this post! :)

Okay I was referencing to the thread that I started about the "Extreme Marching Band" and where everyone was telling us to "get over it"..blah, blah, blah...and that it is BAND, but let me go pull that up for you so you can "see" what I was talking about..

I didn't say they "wanted" it to be called band, I was saying "they" claim "that's what it is anyway"? RIGHT?

You sure are "Literal" where I am concerned aren't you? :sshh:

Okay here is the "topic" I was referencing about the folks that say it "is" band etc..etc...EMB

I've seen the thread you referenced. What's your point?

Bore size has nothing at all to do with whether a horn is a bugle or not.

Mike

But golly, Mike, you just don't understand. If you take a 3-valve G contra, shorten the lead pipe by a couple inches and maybe swap out a couple of slides, then it becomes ... *GASP* ... a TUBA! And obviously, that's no good at all. [/irony]

Now you're just bein' dumb.

^OO^ :huh::huh:

You can always be depended upon to come to your own defense with a vigor that doesn't require back-up. :)

right. there's pix on the web of you blowing a garden hose...and i defended you for that too.

:P

I'm curious with the whining about the drumspeak...

If there was an Internet in 1984, would you all have crucified VK's drum line for their 32 count intro to their drum solo that year?  "Choo choo chaaa....digga dat!"

Or Freelancers for their beautiful sung intro to "With You I'm Born Again"?

if into a mic yes

These type of people complain when things don't go their way, whether it has to do with drum corps or anything else.  We've all met them.  And it doesn't matter how much they offend others.  I say let them whine and try to berate the activity that the kids in DCI are taking part in.  I pity them, but at least they can watch dvds.  :)

right. forget the fans paying the bills.