DCA weekend thoughts

best DCA corps top to bottom since Empire 97, my measuring stick...in fact, it now takes the top spot over ES 97 and Bush 93.

and if all that isn't enough:

Have to agree on your review....very good except this line quoted above.....sounds like YOU marched with ES that year. No offense, 97 was good, but not ES's best year.  98 (although not as emotional as 97), was a MUCH better show overall.  And I'm not even an ES fan.

Congrats goes to Buccs show, the best this year!!!

didn't want anything to do w/ES that year actually....or any year til i got there :P

98 was technically better, but the passion 97 had makes up for the proficiency of 98.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few extra thoughts now that the fog has lifted.

class moment of the weekend...right before the Bucs victory concert, legendary DM george Parks saluted Josh, Bucs dm now. you could see the admiration...dare i say it love...the two had for each other. very classy to see the DM last time Bucs won out there saluting the current team.

Cabs drill in the rumps...i hope this gets overhead shots on the dvd.

Chris nalls trill from #### on the mello...should have tied for best solist

ok i think i am done for tonight

[class moment of the weekend...right before the Bucs victory concert, legendary DM george Parks saluted Josh, Bucs dm now. you could see the admiration...dare i say it love...the two had for each other. very classy to see the DM last time Bucs won out there saluting the current team.

Wow...was wondering if George Parks was in the house and what he must have been thinking. The 1980 Bucs, although not strong in the percussion caption had one of the greatest hornlines in DCA history and won the title by over 2 full points scoring a 91.3 in the tic system days. Their encore performance that night was incredible.

Lakeshoremen:  great sound. I wondered why so little drill til Paul told me you planned to do mini corps, added music to be less undertime and rehearse once a month. It's obvious the lack of visual hurt you score wise, but that's ok. welcome and come back soon, you made fans in PA

It was a nearly last minute decision to compete this season. We had fun with the show and with everyone else in Scranton. I have really missed DCA these past couple years. It was good to be back, and I can promise the Lakeshoremen will be back and ready to have even more fun with you all next year.

class moment of the weekend...right before the Bucs victory concert, legendary DM george Parks saluted Josh, Bucs dm now. you could see the admiration...dare i say it love...the two had for each other. very classy to see the DM last time Bucs won out there saluting the current team.

We were honored to have Dr. Parks with us on Saturday, and it really drove home to me that being a part of the Bucs (or any corps for that matter) was about something much larger than just me. I was personally honored to stand right next to Dr. Parks to sing the corps song after our prelims performance. Both experiences were wonderful. But the topper was arcing up for the victory concert and seeing Josh and George saluting each other -- amid all the activity around them, these two awesome conductors and leaders were silently saluting one another. And THAT'S when I lost it. I will never forget that moment.

The thing that amazed me was that the worst 'fans' were members of alumni corps. One would think that all the years these men had spent in corps, they would know the etiquette of being at a show, yet they were walking up and down the stairs in the middle of shows, yelling to their friends sitting ten rows up, talking loudly and laughing at certain corps performances.

I think I would've appreciated sitting in the middle of a kindergarten class at this show more than I did these people.

I agree as well. The gentlemen (IM being nice) sitting beside me in finals.. still had his alumni uniform partially on.. and he wanted to come in during a show.. and I wouldnt let him.. oh did he have a grouch on for me.. but I think.. that if anyone should know corps etiquette it would be the alumni guys., but I guess that theory is out the window. And as for the making fun part (or laughing at).. thats not cool.. the memebers work SO hard all year to perform.. they do not deserve that from anyone. wheather your a fan or not of a particular corps.

ot rant: someone accused MBI of micing the pit. where? how? no amps. face it folkks, thatpit had technique and didn't beat the ccrap out of the boards. mallet selection was gorgeous. if you need to see a pit that doesn't need to mic to compare to, check out cavies 00-03....same idea.

As a matter of fact, our pit is taught by a guy who was in the Cavaliers' pit during that time.

Michael Oldemeyer

I apologize if this has already been dealt with but Im wondering what was up with Bush exitting the field in the wrong direction. Didnt they understand there WOULD be a penalty?

one more last thought:

i really think the ambulance tearing across the field sirens blazing added to the Renegades performance at prelims