DCP Official ESPN2 DCI Broadcast Reaction Thread

Drum Corps International's World Championships Broadcast will debut on ESPN2 TONIGHT Tuesday September 6th, 2005 at 10PM ET.

This ESPN2 program represents the first time in history the championship program has been on prime time commercial television. In past years it was carried by public television stations.

ESPN2 is the number-two rated sports-cable channel in the world - behind only ESPN itself.

The broadcast of DCI on ESPN2 will bring the power and excitment of drum corps into millions of cable homes nation-wide!

Newly-released information on the broadcast, including a promo video and mini-posters for the top 8 finalist corps, is now available online:

DCI ESPN2 Broadcast Information

Our weekly DCP poll will open once the program has begun so you may register your feedback on it there:

DCP WEEKLY POLL

This thread will be the place to rant, praise and otherwise discuss this year's championship broadcast program of DCI on ESPN2

B)

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the most important things about the show tonight is that you'll know every other fan in the country is watching at the same time along with every friend, co-worker, family member, and HS band. Regardless of what you think of the broadcast or what corps was featured - you have to appreciate that for two hours - the entire country had the opportunity to experience what we do. If drum corps fans didn't take the opportunity to tell their friends and family to watch, then they blew a potentially once in a lifetime chance to synergize - drum corps style.

I emailed all my friends. Found that some old corps friends didn't know the show was on tonight! I also emailed most of my co-workers and found out that one marched, one is a long time fan and one is dating a girl from the 1990 Cadets.

Should be fun!

i wish that it was on around 8 or 9 and not 10 just so more people could watch, and maybe put it on a bigger network, like nbc, and cbs tghen more people would watch it and become more active with drum corps

It is on at 8 or 9 for much of the country. Show starts at 7 on the west coast. It will replay later this month during the day. Check dci.org for details.

As for more people watching on NBC or CBS - maybe - those networks have big lead-in audiences and are broadcast over free airwaves. However, ESPN 2 is a big jump from PBS in terms of wow factor.

I'm excited and really looking forward to this. I only hope that they get their history and facts straight. Lord knows previous broadcasts have been full of ..umm, inaccuracies.

Im a little sad that this goes national without the Blue Devils contending and representing their part of history as the winningest corps of DCI. To many , the first exposure is the most lasting, most impressionable, This isnt what I had hoped the Blue Devils to be.

~G~

I'm excited and really looking forward to this. I only hope that they get their history and facts straight. Lord knows previous broadcasts have been full of ..umm, inaccuracies.

Im a little sad that this goes national without the Blue Devils contending and representing their part of history as the winningest corps of DCI. To many , the first exposure is the most lasting, most impressionable, This isnt what I had hoped the Blue Devils to be.

~G~

To go along with that, most of my generation of high schoolers(the newbies of today) pretty much worship the Cavaliers as the "best and perfect drum corps ever" since they've just come off their half decade(and possibly continuing years) of fame....which I don't totally agree with.

However on a good note, maybe people will start worshiping Phantom like they're supposed to after this year's broadcast. B)