Was it the Cuts?

The Cadets didn't really move a whole lot until the end of what ESPN showed us. Is there more to their show? How did they win Visual GE? This isn't meant to be a troll post I am just genuinely baffled. The cuts made it seem like The Bluecoats, Devils, even Phantom moved around more than they did. The Cavaliers' speed and cleanliness was ridiculous. I didn't get to see any of the shows live, can someone help me?

Simple:

They brought their own judge on finals night B)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only can you not grasp this show from clips, you really cannot follow the show on only one or two viewings.

Oh, I don't know ... I only saw it twice (their finals performance and their victory encore) and I think I've pretty much got the idea. B)

hahah... oh sarcasm, how low it runs.

You guys #####ing so much about the drumspeak DO realize it was 25 seconds of the total program, right (I timed it)??? What's the deal that's getting panties in a twist here?

You're behaving like they hadn't even BEEN playing immediately prior to the vocals...and ignoring the demand on the performers...they still have to speak the words clearly, y'know...with all the articulations, accents, and dynamics that would be present if they'd used the sticks.

In a way, they became closer to the brass line in terms of producing the product, because it was the product of their airstream, not sticks on kevlar. (which begs the question of how THAT part of the performance is judged) F'crissake, they're double tounging at the end....and cleanly.

Why not give them a break? We've all heard the drumline singing their parts during rehersal...what's so wrong about experimenting with it in show?

You might as well ##### about space chords in a show....even BD C had them this year...

You guys #####ing so much about the drumspeak DO realize it was 25 seconds of the total program, right (I timed it)???   What's the deal that's getting panties in a twist here? 

You're behaving like they hadn't even BEEN playing immediately prior to the vocals...and ignoring the demand on the performers...they still have to speak the words clearly, y'know...with all the articulations, accents, and dynamics that would be present if they'd used the sticks.

<snip>

Sam,

Thanks for offering solid, undeniable (but someone will) points! Some people simply refuse to see past their personal biases to appreciate anything outside their comfort zone.

Edited by ^Michael^

The Cadets didn't really move a whole lot until the end of what ESPN showed us. Is there more to their show? How did they win Visual GE? This isn't meant to be a troll post I am just genuinely baffled. The cuts made it seem like The Bluecoats, Devils, even Phantom moved around more than they did. The Cavaliers' speed and cleanliness was ridiculous. I didn't get to see any of the shows live, can someone help me?

I think it was the out house in the middle of the field that one them the GE this year, or maybe the nice marching band uniforms.

I think it was the out house in the middle of the field that one them the GE this year, or maybe the nice marching band uniforms.

Bob,

I wouldn't be so quick to criticize if I couldn't even spell won (not one)! (Particularly since you never even saw the show!) <**> :huh:

Bob,

I wouldn't be so quick to criticize if I couldn't even spell won (not one)! (Particularly since you never even saw  the show!) <**>  :ph34r:

Mike,

Between the Season Pass segments, and the great ESPN 2 hour advertisement, I think I pretty much saw as much as I needed to. The Cadets I remember did shows that would blow your mind, not leave you saying "what was that?" Maybe when I get my DVD's I will understand it more, but as of now, it's not a show that I have come to expect from the Cadets. But then again, Drum Corps is not for the fans, as long as the kids enjoyed it, then it’s all good.

And sorry about my misspelling, I guess we all can't be perfect.