How would YOU change the broadcast?

I've said it before, but all I'd really want to add is a brief mention that this is the culmination of a week of competitions, including D2/3. It doesn't have to be much -- just a sentence or two. And that even if you might not be skilled enough or experienced enough to make a top-eight corps, there are plenty of other places to march. Maybe even state (just one sentence!) that there are also corps that accept members over the age of 22. Just an idea ...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few years I've pretended I was 19 with above average talent and knew nothing about Drum Corps. By the end of the show my 19 year old "alter ego" always decides to #### it as I'd never be able to crack the top 250 or so Baris (12 corps times 20 or so Baris per corps).

Gee, wish there were corps where I could get some experience (Div II/III not mentioned).

REALLY wish there was some way I could do DC after I get out of college and am over 21. Oh well "Reliable Rondo" says "after 21 that's it" and he wouldn't give out bad info now would he?

All that ego stroking has to go...I thought I was gonna puke when the line about "The judges are the best fans"..or whatever it was..well, I guess nowadays that's who the corps are playing too for the most part. :worthy: But I felt like it was all about stroking each others egos...IMO

I agree completely...that part completely felt like it was added to appease the judges and make them feel wanted and needed. What they should have done was look at every part of the program and ask themselves, "will this help to bring in new viewers at live shows and make kids want to audition?" If the answer is yes, then leave it in, if the answer is no, then take it out.

I've said it before, but all I'd really want to add is a brief mention that this is the culmination of a week of competitions, including D2/3.  .

I totally agree, and also mention of those non Finalist div 1 corps, not necessairly vid clips..but a scroll of The corps and placement. So People are aware, namely newbs and first time watcher, that there are other corps..not just the 12.

To have shown the ENTIRE 1st place corps show.

I agree Zeke, after all the hype and comparing the DCI trophy to the Lombardi Trophy they could have at least shown all of the winner's show.

A friend of mine compared it to watching a football game but only getting to see about one play out of every 5 with lots of talk about the rules and human interest stories on the kicker and the tight end.