The Legend that is Lothar

J.C.

JC, thanks for sharing. My heart goes out to the Kiltie family.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Kilties keen eye towards tradition and excellence, I've always known why people march Kilties. But after this weekend, I've learned why so many stay with Kilties. Your organization is a class act, a tight family, and the epitome of "drum corps". J.C, this was as beautiful an epitaph that has ever been written. I'm sure you have done your brother proud. Thanks for letting us get to know all that is "Lothar". I'll be thinking about, and praying for, the Kiltie and Magnuson families as you lay him to rest this weekend.

Having gone thru it this year, the next time the Kilties get together for a gig or rehearsal will be very tough on their family. Fortunately it sounds like they support each other very well. Our hearts are with you and good luck.

JC: Spoken truly from the heart. I witnessed Joel collapsing on the field and we were all praying for some miracle, despite the ominous signs from the field. It bothered me the entire DCA weekend and my thoughts have been about this coming weekend when the Kilties say their final goodbyes.

I know how you are feeling because back in 2002, the Caballeros Alumni lost a dear member, Phil Dumond, who passed away in his sleep in Rochester after a performance. I marched with Phil in both St. Lucy's and Caballeros and later the Alumni. We were all in shock when he suddenly passed. Just as you described Lothar, Phil was well known and was quite a character.

My condolences to Joel Magnuson's family as well as to the Kiltie family.

JC,My Brother and True friend

I read your Tribute to Lothar and started bawling all over again.

I packed my uniform 3 times today.Just couldn't seem to get it right.

My journeys to Racine are usually filled with great joy! I make the journey to be with my extended family.

And now I make the journey to lay one of the clan to rest.

I am not as eloquent as most so all I can say is

And here's a hand, my trusty friend,

and gie's a hand o' thine;

We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,

for Auld Lang Syne.

WWBD

Excellent tribute! I'm trying to hide my tears at work.

I'll miss you, Lothar, though I haven't met you yet.

Hopefully we'll get to march together the second go around.

Quite a character and loved by all to the very end. We can all only wish to be so lucky.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the entire Kiltie family.

May You Never Walk Alone

For All We Know...

JC,

Thank you for allowing us to get to know a little about a legend. The news of Lothar saddened us all. The CorpsVets also wore a black ribbon on their uniforms. It was placed next to our star in the 8:00 position to honor him and signify the approximate time he ascended from the "field of battle".

A friend, a brother, a son, a Kiltie. God Bless, Lothar. May you make the corps in the heavens above better as you join our other fallen drum corps heroes and march on... forever!

God Bless Him!!!

Donny

...The CorpsVets also wore a black ribbon on their uniforms.  It was placed next to our star in the 8:00 position to honor him and signify the approximate time he ascended from the "field of battle"....

Awesome.

I hadn't heard that until now.

The CorpsVets are a class act, and on behalf of the Kilties, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

WWBD

JC