• St. Patrick's Imperials
    • Beverly Cardinals
    • Defenders
    • Alliance
    • Blue Rock
    • White Knights

Brad, trust me, they were an icon....vote for them. :laugh:

Good advice T... Vote early and often

(new (old) stuff at Beanman.net-check it out)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We never had the greatest horn line, but we had championship color guards year after year, and some killer drum lines. Thank Denise Bonfiglio and Peggy Twiggs (with a little help from George Zingali) for the color guards and Charlie Poole for the drum lines. Not to mention some great ladies in the guard, and great guys and gals in the drum line. (And we did have a couple of good horn lines - Wedge is awesome!!)

So, even though I was a member - 27 gets my vote followed closely by Bridgemen and close behind, Blue Rock.

Did you mean Jim Wedge? As far as the drum line goes, the 83-87 Dips had Tyrone Parker and Lynne Parker(didnt ever get her maiden name) as percussion instructors with Tyrone being the cartion head and arranger. In 85 we had a smokin drum line, won percussion in class by 1.5 pts and ended up beating some other notable corps drum lines along the way! That is the impact of 27 on me.( Not too mention I still hear "Da digga DA da DIGGA da" in my sleep)

B) B) B)

st joes

"Fave Nor' Easter":

WAY TOO MANY GREAT "Nor Easter" corps (Of years gone by) missing. Our non partisan broomstick gets tossed to the St Catherin's Queensmen & St Kevin Emerald Knights.

Surprised to see so little "Connecticut" representation here my pretties. Bridgeport's own St Raphaels, PAL Cadets and Royal Lancers were very strong contenders in the mid 1960s, and Finalists at VFW and World Opens.

Elphaba

Here's a vote for Blue Rock. Loved the jungle animal sounds created by the horn line during their version of "Rain Chant" in the early 70's, and the Joe Marella drum sections were outstanding.

I remember the piece being called "Quiet Village"...in 71 it led into "Baby Elephant Walk".

Mike