Famous people in Drum Corps

dcf06

Also among his credits are "A Chorus Line", "42nd Street" and "Kiss of the Spider Woman" where he met Vanessa Williams. He produced her holiday cd "Star Bright" a few years back. He's also played with Chuck Mangione for the last 25 years plus.

I thought I heard Chuck Mangione say once he marched in drum corps. B)

I believe that one IS correct.

"Mr Sulu":

George Takei was indeed a drum corps drummer "Way back when". He also has the "Distinction" of being "Interened" at Camps in Arkansas and Northern California, with his parents, his drum corps and hundreds of other Japaneese Americans that were rounded up after the attack on Pearl harbor, 7 December 1941.

He and his corps continued to practice and perform in the Internment Camp, sending off several hundred men to enlist in the US Army's "Go For Broke" Japaneese-American Combat Team. "Mr Sulu" is among those who actually performed in a drum and bugle corps while IN an "Internament Camp".

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

I thought I heard Chuck Mangione say once he marched in drum corps. B)

Mangione, during his guest host of the PBS broadcast, makes comment about hearing BD playing Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor when arriving at the Concord Pavillion. He said, "I always that drum and bugle corps were those guys who sat third chair and marched around the field". (paraphrase) I believe that Mangione played a concert with BD at some point.

I read where Steve Gadd marched corps. Also heard that Billy Cobham marched corps as well.

Mangione, during his guest host of the PBS broadcast, makes comment about hearing BD playing Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor when arriving at the Concord Pavillion. He said, "I always that drum and bugle corps were those guys who sat third chair and marched around the field". (paraphrase) I believe that Mangione played a concert with BD at some point.

I had a conversation with Chuck M. a long time ago....I vaguely remember him saying he marched in a drum corps when he was a youth. I could be wrong or maybe getting it mixed up with M. Ferguson who I spoke to as well. :worthy:

wayne bergereon did a drum corps one year. i cant remember what it was. i actually played a gid with him. by gig i mean he guest starreed at my high school jazz fextival.

if you dont know him well..hes kinda good. and he plays trumpet

:D

wayne bergereon did a drum corps one year. i cant remember what it was. i actually played a gid with him. by gig i mean he guest starreed at my high school jazz fextival.

if you dont know him well..hes kinda good. and he plays trumpet

:D

Anaheim Kingsmen....simetime in the early/mid 70s.

I don't know if this counts but if anyone uses "Warburton" Mouthpieces (I use one and will never use another mouthpiece) Terry Warburton marched in Blue Rock. I forget what year. But I learned that from Terry himself!

He was an Optimist. I don't recall anyone saying he went to Wilmington, but I'll ask him next time he's up for rehearsal.

John Swartz

Optimist 04 -

PS. Cathy is write about Skip Prokop (minus the typo) and he occassionally makes it out to Optimist functions. The old fartes in the drum line talk about him insessently.