Famous people in Drum Corps

dcf06

We've heard that legend that John Ratzenberger marched with a corps in the Boston area growing up. Didn't find him in a corps uniform, but did find him with a drum.

drum2.jpgRatzenberger.com

Oh, and bump for the sake of bumping and just to stirthepot.gif

Madonna played french horn for the Bridgemen.

There, that's better! :satisfied:

I can't belive that Hulka forgot to mention Scott Steward. He comes around here by the name of "Tornado".

Scott is the lead trumpet for Denver and the Mile High Orchestra, that competed on "Next Great American Band", Fox reality show that just ended. I am sure that lots of folks here watched the show.

Scott was a member of: The Freelancers from 88-92, The Blue Devils from 93-95, Brass Instructor for Spirit of JSU, and Music City Legend.

He is now the Brass Instructor for Jersey Surf.

Edited by PresDrummer

Anaheim Kingsmen....simetime in the early/mid 70s.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

Lynwod Diplomats and Vaqueros, and VK.

Garry in Vegas

Billy Cobham: St. Catherine's Queensmen & Sunrisers.

Didn't know that, that's awesome! Mahavishnu is one of my favorite bands, I just bought their new Live at Montreux DVD!

the drummer for Rollins Band was a Freelancer's snare drummer.................

I was at a party @ our corps hall and met a mid 90's soprano ageout from SCV that had gone out on tour with Green Day.........

The Academy suvi guy is related to Dennis Hopper (1st cousin)

the drummer for Rollins Band was a Freelancer's snare drummer.................

I was at a party @ our corps hall and met a mid 90's soprano ageout from SCV that had gone out on tour with Green Day.........

I can't belive that Hulka forgot to mention Scott Steward. He comes around here by the name of "Tornado".

Scott is the lead trumpet for Denver and the Mile High Orchestra, that competed on "Next Great American Band", Fox reality show that just ended. I am sure that lots of folks here watched the show.

Scott was a member of: The Freelancers from 88-92, The Blue Devils from 93-95, Brass Instructor for Spirit of JSU, and Music City Legend.

He is now the Brass Instructor for Jersey Surf.

That's because my post was over 2 years old, silly. Scott wasn't famous back then. :whistle:

Also in Denver and the Mile High Orchestra playing trombone is Justin Taylor, a Cavaliers veteran.

They're not so famous but after seeing The Blue Man Group in Vegas, I talked with some of the drummers. Most of them marched corps.