Famous people in Drum Corps

dcf06

"Mr Sulu":

George Takei was indeed a drum corps drummer "Way back when". He also has the "Distinction" of being"Interened" in the Heart Mountain Internment Camp, with his parents, his drum corps and hundreds of other Japaneese Americans that were rounded up after the attack on Pearl harbor, 7 December 1941.

He and his corps continued to practice and perform in the Internment Camp, sending off several hundred men to enlist in the US Army's "Go For Broke" Japaneese-American Combat Team. "Mr Sulu" is among those who actually performed in a drum and bugle corps while IN an "Internament Camp".

Elphaba

Then Mr. Takei was a very, very, very young member. He was 4 years old when he and his family were placed in the internment camp. He discussed this in an interview on the Howard Stern show that was replayed last week.

Never heard of Mudvayne, but I looked them up.

The guys name didn't ring a bell.

I marched late 80s, but was in the hornline so ya never know.

we practiced seperately, our quad line could have been anyone and I might not know LOL

I read an interview in Modern Drummer w/ the Mudvayne drummer a year or so ago. Based on their ages, it probably more accurate he would have been involved in the early 90's He talked about drum corps in the interview. I haven't read it in a long time but I do believe he grew up in Rockford and was a part of the Regiment Cadets. I'm not sure if he was ever actually in the "A" corps itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this out that wayne Downey appeared on band camp form the american pie films

I marched with Bobby Brown and Michael Jackson in Southwind 1992.

Well, those were the name of two of the members anyway.

There was a Michael JAckson in the Knights in 1984. He actually did one or two shows with one white glove, I believe.

Skip Prokof drummer of the Rock band "Lighthouse" (of One Fine Morning fame) marched Toronto Optimists.

Great musician, great band, great album! :ph34r:

Also among his credits are "A Chorus Line", "42nd Street" and "Kiss of the Spider Woman" where he met Vanessa Williams. He produced her holiday cd "Star Bright" a few years back. He's also played with Chuck Mangione for the last 25 years plus.

Jeff Kievit also produced the SUPER BOWL halftime show a few years back,

for Vanessa Williams!

He's multi-talented, AND a really great guy!!! :ph34r:

Edited by overthehillDM