Famous people in Drum Corps

dcf06

I know for a fact that Travis Barker did not march corps. And I'm fairly certain that neither Vinnie Paul nor any of the drummers of slipknot were ever in a corps as well. Though one of slipknots drummers does bring a marching snare out on stage on occasion...

If you've ever seen Slipknot's live show, and seen the marching snares, you'd know none of them marched corps. The technique is terrible. I'm not bashing the band or anything, just the marching snare technique.

I'm not bashing the band or anything

It's Slipknot. Nobody would mind if you did...

Am I the only person that doesn't drop the prepositions in drum corps parlance? I would say "he marched in the Madison Scouts," or "he marched with the Madison Scouts," not "he marched Madison Scouts." That sounds like the person had the corps at gunpoint and told them where to go. (Maybe this works for drum majors.) Then again, I always say "I'll write to you" instead of "I'll write you."

Edited by Studio Tan

Karl Hunter, Saxaphone for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - 92 VK pit. 

Talkshow host/News Anchor Charles Perez marched Suncoast Sound in the mid 80s.

Las Vegas Morning News Anchor Casey Smith - Troopers

The Pilot of American Airlines flight 77 (crashed into Pentagon) Charles Burlingame didn't march corps but was a fan and attended DCI finals in 2000.  Thougt I'd add this in honor of 9/11 anniversary.

not to be anal, but saxAphone? saxOphone, jeez. :)

Neil Peart marched corps, but I am pretty sure it was in Canada and not at Phantom. I marched Regiment for 5 years and instructed there as well and there was never any mention there of it by anyone although we all knew he marched somewhere. I am pretty sure the guys I was on staff with who are his age would have said something.

um, it's a joke that's been going around for years.....at least it was around in '83 when i marched regiment.....

Ü

jan

Rumor and I'm pretty sure is that current Kiwanis Director Doug Darwin taught the drummer for Barenaked Ladies on drumset and I'm pretty sure he marched in one of the many canadian corps of the time

Yes, Tyler Stewart marched in the pit, then on tenors with Aurora Ambassadors in the early 80's.HarryTyler801.jpg