ballads you'd like to hear

In regards to playing Grainger on the field, the Cavaliers played Horkstown Grange as a vistory tune in the latter half of this season, just a beautiful piece of music and would definately work well on the field.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The West Wing" theme song.  :)  No laughing...

I have an arrangement of The West Wing theme if anyone wants it. I also think something awesome could be done with "Afternoon Delight". Like something alon the lines of Anchorman, with a few special goodies thrown in.

just a couple suggestions:

goodbye porkpie hat (mingus)

three chorale preludes (latham) - pretty basic concert band stuff, but still pretty emotional

lonesome road (james taylor) - i've heard some a cappela groups sing it, and they've convinced me it could work.

Lauridsen's "O Magnum Mysterium"

DING! WINNER! Boston tried it in 04 but in my opinion the arrangement was aweful. I would LOVE to see someone play a more straightforward arrangement of it.

DING! WINNER! Boston tried it in 04 but in my opinion the arrangement was aweful. I would LOVE to see someone play a more straightforward arrangement of it.

Heck, for most corps these days, I'd just like them to play more straightforward arrangements, period. :D

Lot of Final Fantasy songs would work perfectly with Drum Corps. Just listen to Bluestars this year.

On another note.

SLEEPY LAGOON.

link Sleepy Lagoon

I don't THINK this has been done...correct me if I'm wrong

Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis, Ralph Vaughn Williams

Obviously it would have ot be edited down for time...

I loved that piece in Master and Commander....

I searched Corps Reps for that and it wasn't done by anybody...*shrug*