ballads you'd like to hear

Theme from Apollo 13.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know October and An American Elegy have both been done, but I wouldn't necessarily shy away from either being used again.

There's an orchestral piece called In the Fading Light of Autumn that would be great.  I'd also like to see some Grainger on the field - any of the slow movements of Lincolnshire Posy would be nice.  Bell Piece and Ye Banks and Braes O Bonnie Doon could work also.

Really? by whom?

And Horkstow and Rufford would be interesting to see on a field...I forgot about those.

October was done by both the Glassmen and Spirit in 2003

Lauridsen's "O Magnum Mysterium"

"Prayer of the Children"

"Full the Passing Bell" Warren Benson

"With Quiet Courage" Larry Daehn

I could go for a choral work by some minimalist composers. I think some Gorecki would sound great, especially if you could arrange pieces like Amen, Wislo Moja Wislo Szara, or Miserere to work on the field. Arvo Pärt has also written some pretty moving stuff. Translating a piece for a choir into a piece for a brass choir could be really effective.

Jason was on a good track when he suggested FF7. The main theme is good, but I would select Aeris's Death Scene instead. Beautiful music, but with the advantage of having plenty of melody. Heh, of course, while we're on the topic of Final Fantasy, anyone up for the Opera House Aria from FF6? ^_^

I think no matter what show you were doing musically, you could do an amazing ballad using the song "On the wheels of a dream" from the Broadway musical "Ragtime".

It ends with the entire pit orchestra blasting their guts out and two singers belting it to the back row.

I want to see an entire 'Ragtime' show by SOMEONE...BD just teased us with it a few years back. I love the music from 'Ragtime'.

Mike