ballads you'd like to hear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, maybe not the best brasslines ever, but I really like the 1997 rendition of Nimrod by Crown.

Yeah, maybe not the best brasslines ever, but I really like the 1997 rendition of Nimrod by Crown.

Anybody happen to catch TOB's Lancaster Catholic 2004 Cathedral show where they played that?

I don't care who you are, that show could have put more than a few good corps to shame with how unbelievably well-performed and designed that show was.

One of the best marching band shows ever. Any circuit...

haha this might sound lame...

but have you ever seen the TV show buffy? well there's this song/theme they play right after she kills her b/f Angel... its recurrent in the following few episodes also... i think it would make great for drum corps

That's not lame at all. Christophe Beck wrote a lot of great music for Buffy. A decent amount of his music was released on the soundtrack to the musical they did in season 6.

Heard a piece today that could be pared down into a nice little ballad for someone ... "Appalachia" by Frederick Delius, one of the pieces he wrote while he was living in America and which was highly influenced by African-American spiritual music. Actually, there's a good deal of Delius that might work well for corps.

Nimrod is a fundamentally weak piece of orchestral writing, IMO. It sounds better when other people orchestrate and arrange it differently than Elgar originally did. Love Crown's rendition, and wouldn't mind hearing other corps do it.