Current/recent Pop, Rock. Hip-hop songs

AVENGED SEVENFOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the drum parts are already written... and the guitars actually contain melodic and harmonic parts (it is metal afterall) so you wouldn't just be writing chord changes in the horn parts. Oh and it is plenty fast for drum corps too... go check out their albums "Waking the Fallen" or "City of Evil" their drummer is just plain sick. and the guitarist are pretty darn sick themselves.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along the same lines--How about Green Day's "American Idiot" album? "Jesus of Suburbia" alone is a whole drum corps show--it clocks in at 9:08, so add a percussion feature and your done.

Ya know, listening to that song, I can see that. Now for my take on it. I can think of some good Flogging Molly that could be put onto the field with little effort. Lemme listen to some real quick.

1. The Kilburn High Road

2. (Ballad) Death Valley Queen

3. Black Friday Rule/What's Left of The Flag

Need some arranging and a drum feature, but it cold be done, maybe I should talk to the Pio design staff about our 2007 show.....

AVENGED SEVENFOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the drum parts are already written... and the guitars actually contain melodic and harmonic parts (it is metal afterall) so you wouldn't just be writing chord changes in the horn parts. Oh and it is plenty fast for drum corps too... go check out their albums "Waking the Fallen" or "City of Evil" their drummer is just plain sick. and the guitarist are pretty darn sick themselves.

:huh::unsure::bleah::bleah::bleah:

Not saying I want to see that in a show. I just think that band is sweet.

Edited by bd euph some day

Reading a lot of these responses is making me cringe. A loooot.

I think the person who said Radiohead for Cavies would work is right on, but maybe that's about it.

Oh, and I really think "When Doves Cry" would make a great closer.

Other than that . . . I think a lot of you are absolutely insane.

Well, people are tired of the same-ol same-ol Irish music, why not Irish punk, lol?

Actually, one crazy idea I had was to put Question by System of a Down on the field. Seems pretty odd...I know, I'm not actually a big fan of System of a Down, but my cousin had it up on her Myspace. I was impressed and enlightened to say the least, those guys can play(and scream....lol)

<**> Im pretty much in disbelief that any drum corps fan would even want to see pop, rock or hip hop on the field. Im fine with corps having their corps song be a pop or rock or hip-hop song but a whole show is pushing it. Crown can pull it off but turning all the corps toward this? I dont think so. Wait till im dead.