AL/VFW Posts and Drum Corps

CorpsVets -- Post 233 Loganville, GA.

They are our supporting AL post, and our spot for parking on away trips. Great bunch of folks.

I even joined this year. :)

Thanks Gary, still have the program from your show and remember seeing the AL crest on the front. Forgot that AL Post #11 was a sponsor.

Ruth - Which one was Tommy? My 100 year old memory ain't so great. :P

CVQuesty - I'm with ya. When SAL membership opens up in the Spring(?) I'm joining. Of course it helps when the old mans AL card has 51 years of membership on it.

On a serious note, thinking about this as Lancers horn line will be at the POW/MIA Ceremony at the Hanover AL Post tomorrow. Never did this before (was sick last year) and it's an honor to be part of this.

ah good old post 27 in Linglestown PA

Gee thanks Jeff, you screwed up typing the Post number just so I wouldn't look that bad by screwing up #199 in Hawthorne.

Actually #272 and that's the Post my old man has been at for all his 51 years of membership. (Also where I went to my first corps rehearsal.)

ah good old post 27 in Linglestown PA

Actually there was a AL Post #27 in downtown Harrisburg back in ??????. Asked my folks about it and they each gave me a different location (typical :P ). Only know about it because I bought a Conn band instrument ad on eBay and the Post band is pictured on it (American Legion magazine Sept 1929). Have it framed and hanging in the den.

Archer-Epler Post 979 in Upper Darby, PA is the home of the Archer-Epler Musketeers.

The Reading Buccaneers have an association with the Ray A. Master Post 217 in Topton, PA.

Jerry

Absolutely.... the Bucs are now defending DCA champs AND American Legion champs.

Fran