Minor uni changes...

Corps have made uni changes alll over the place...but there's always oms designj element you just wish had been changed.

For me it's the new version of the Cadet's uni...The streamlining of the frogs and buttons doesn;t bother me....nor do the gaultlets....even the cummerbund being under the jacket isn't TOO bad.

But f'r cryin' out loud....can teh cross belt be secured at the waist hem of the jacket so it actually LOOKS like a cross belt and not something velcroed to the front?

Look at the first guy in teh drumspeak section....it just looks like it was slapped on...####, you could've just had the white belt be part of the jacket fabric and tacked on the buckle....would look better...

Any others? I'm talking minor mods here...not full-on new uni designs....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps have made uni changes alll over the place...but there's always oms designj element you just wish had been changed.

For me it's the new version of the Cadet's uni...The streamlining of the frogs and buttons doesn;t bother me....nor do the gaultlets....even the cummerbund being under the jacket isn't TOO bad.

But f'r cryin' out loud....can teh cross belt be secured at the waist hem of the jacket so it actually LOOKS like a cross belt and not something velcroed to the front?

Look at the first guy in teh drumspeak section....it just looks like it was slapped on...####, you could've just had the white belt be part of the jacket fabric and tacked on the buckle....would look better...

Any others?  I'm talking minor mods here...not full-on new uni designs....

I am very bothered by even the minor modifications that were made to the Cadets' uniforms. The crossbelt with the buckle (not the make-up mirror), the decorated sleeve cuffs instead of gauntlets, the bund over the jacket instead of under, that's the way the Cadets have had their uniforms for eons.

Baseball has the Yankees' pinstripes, football has the Cowboys' star, hockey has the Red Wings' winged wheel, college football has Notre Dame's plain gold helmets and Michigan's winged maize and blue helmet, and drum corps has the Cadets uniforms, all of them unchanged for many many decades!!

Why change it unless you're going to let a uniform company turn you into a billboard?

Not to be a jerk or anything, yes all those uniforms still maintin the same logos, and meaning, but the unifroms have not reamined 100 percent the same, notredame is little shinyer gold (more sparkle) than it had a few years back, Dallas has had several changes in uniforms i belive in 1998 they had blue sholders with whites stars on the top (and that has varied since then) and michigan i am sure has had some minor changes to their unifroms as well and even the red wings ( i don't follow hockey much) but i think they've changed the red and white combinations on the uniforms a few times..... if you consider those to have reamined the same then i would say the cadets unis have too, everything chages in appreance just slightly every year, for evey team, for every sport, it's just the way it is, it's keeping that modern look but maintaining that same effect, i am sure the cadets of the 80's looked "modern" then, and looked "modern" in the 90's and now they still do..... it's to keep the old look with a fresh new flair so it makes it stand the test of time........

granted though i hate when corps loose things like a buckle for a mirror and what not. i know i don't know much, but i know they have meaning to members at least in some corps and i think traditions like that should remain the same. i hate when traditions are changed.

enough out of me. peace.

I wasn't a big fan of the addition that Glassmen made to their uniform this season; I would have kept the little "window" logo from last year instead.

And don't get me STARTED on Kiwanis' masks from '02...

I am very bothered by even the minor modifications that were made to the Cadets' uniforms.  The crossbelt with the buckle (not the make-up mirror), the decorated sleeve cuffs instead of gauntlets, the bund over the jacket instead of under, that's the way the Cadets have had their uniforms for eons. 

Baseball has the Yankees' pinstripes, football has the Cowboys' star, hockey has the Red Wings' winged wheel, college football has Notre Dame's plain gold helmets and Michigan's winged maize and blue helmet, and drum corps has the Cadets uniforms, all of them unchanged for many many decades!! 

Why change it unless you're going to let a uniform company turn you into a billboard?

sorry, I hardly look to the Cadets uniform to represent DCI uniforms as a whole.

~>conner

I'd add a lot more 'sparkle' to Kiwanis Kavaliers' uniforms from this past year. A great idea, but needs some work to make it complete. Maybe a sequined vest underneath the jacket, and a citation cord or something on the shoulder.

There's something about Blue Devils' latest uniform that doesn't quite do it for me. It seems like if something minor was changed it would work better, but I can't put my finger on what (maybe the lapel on their jacket?)

Those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head. Kiwanis is the big one. A lot of the uni changes over the past several years, IMO, have been REALLY hit and miss. Either I really like them (Phantom) or I really don't (Blue Knights). I like the tweaks Madison did to their unis, and I think that made a HUGE difference (I really didn't like them last year, but thought their 05 adjustment looked nice). I think if Kiwanis tweaked theirs a little bit, it would look great.

--

doug

I LOVED the cords the scouts added this year.... I think that final addition really makes the uniforms attractive. I miss the sash, but I genuinely like looking at them now. Not that I don't always enjoy looking.... :blink:

The "cords" are actually silver mardi-gras-type beads, but they look nice from afar. I don't know.... I just really like cords on jackets. Especially BAC.

BK needs some pizazz.... theirs are slightly boring. That's not a cut on them.... they just need something unique on their jackets. Maybe incorporate the old dots somehow...?

I am very bothered by even the minor modifications that were made to the Cadets' uniforms.  The crossbelt with the buckle (not the make-up mirror), the decorated sleeve cuffs instead of gauntlets, the bund over the jacket instead of under, that's the way the Cadets have had their uniforms for eons. 

I think one reason Cadets stayed teh same for so long was simply ther lack of funds to buy new unis...prior to the NEW unis, the only real change was removing the Garfield patch aftrer they moved, and shortening the drop sash.

In 84 the unis were older than the kids who wore them!

I think one reason Cadets stayed teh same for so long was simply ther lack of funds to buy new unis...prior to the NEW unis, the only real change was removing the Garfield patch aftrer they moved, and shortening the drop sash.

In 84 the unis were older than the kids who wore them!

but wasn't that how alot of corps were?

~>conner