Predictions....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spirit of Disney is important because I believe it also comes accompanied by a huge check. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought it was somewhere around $5000 though!

You honestly think SCV is going to jump to second?

I guess that's just a little to optimistic for my thinking. I'm hoping they burst back into the top 5, but I dont see top 3 for another year or two.

~>conner

Conner, no I don't think they will they will take second. Do you always take every thing so seriously? I hope when the Crown staff told you to practice day and night you don't miss too much sleep ;-)

To the previous poster, Spirit if Disney no longer comes with a check for any $$$. If they still paid out the $5k prize, the Jersey Surf would be $15K richer.

Here we go....

1. Phantom Regiment

2. TIE Cadets

Bluecoats

4. Cavaliers

5. Madison

6. Blue Devils

7. Crown

8. SCV

9. Blue Knights

10. Boston

11. Colts

12. Spirit

Random predictions:

Everyone in the top 6 beats and loses to everyone else in the top 6 at least once during the season.

Colts break back into finals, Glassmen back out.

Bluecoats win drums.

SCV comes back with better show design than 04/05. Much more innovative like the 99-03 period.

Capital Regiment only tenths away from finals.

Bob Barker dies.

Prediction: Some Carolina Crown members will come onto DCP and brag about how great their hornline is, go on and on about how they should have placed higher in previous seasons, and make bold predictions about how high they will place in brass next year, with little or no regard for the fact that there are a bunch of other corps out there with very fine brass programs in their own right.

Wow. The season hasn't even started yet and already my prediction has come true!

Post script: one thing I really like about the general attitude of the Carolina Crown organization is that from an official standpoint, the corps doesn't make announcements until they are ready, the staff and administration doesn't like to come online and talk a big game, and for the most part, their game plan has been to lay low, do their thing, and do their talking on the field. It's a shame some of their more arrogant members don't follow that same philosophy.

Bravo!

Prediction: Some Carolina Crown members will come onto DCP and brag about how great their hornline is, go on and on about how they should have placed higher in previous seasons, and make bold predictions about how high they will place in brass next year, with little or no regard for the fact that there are a bunch of other corps out there with very fine brass programs in their own right.

Wow. The season hasn't even started yet and already my prediction has come true!

Post script: one thing I really like about the general attitude of the Carolina Crown organization is that from an official standpoint, the corps doesn't make announcements until they are ready, the staff and administration doesn't like to come online and talk a big game, and for the most part, their game plan has been to lay low, do their thing, and do their talking on the field. It's a shame some of their more arrogant members don't follow that same philosophy.

Please understand this is a fun and banterful thread...

What you are saying then is that in praising one program, one puts down all others?

Just for fun right? So I'll add a bit of my fantasy into there.

1) Phantom Regiment <--- Cause they so deserve a championship by themselves.

2) Blue Devils <--- Cause I love the Devils.

3) Cadets <--- Cause they know what direction they're walking in.

4) Cavaliers <--- Cause they always put on a good show, but since i'm a Devils fan... don't hurt me.

5) Santa Clara Vanguard <--- Back into the top five where they should be, but not higher than five cause of staff changes.

6) Bluecoats <--- (Tie) Slightly lower but not much.

6) Madison Scouts <--- (Tie) Slightly better, good enough for a tie.

8) Carolina Crown <--- Better show than this year's but everyone else has a better show as well.

9) Boston Crusaders <--- Solid placement. Same as this year.

10) Crossmen <--- Cause I liked their show this year.

11) Spirit <--- Cause they have such a close bond with the Crossmen.

12) Pacific Crest <--- b**bs Makes an amazing jump from being a high placing quarterfinalist and a low placing semifinalist to a finalist! :P Hey it's my fantasy now isn't it?

12)(Alternate) To be a bit more realistic I would give it to colts since they were so close this year and I also loved their show thise year too.

So yeah I'm not really basing this off of anything just my own fantasy, but who knows maybe some of my predictions will be right. :P especially Pacific Crest, I'm a fan cause they're so close to me in distance which makes me feel more connected with the corps lol. WHOO! Go PC.

Conner, no I don't think they will they will take second. Do you always take every thing so seriously? I hope when the Crown staff told you to practice day and night you don't miss too much sleep ;-)

To the previous poster, Spirit if Disney no longer comes with a check for any $$$. If they still paid out the $5k prize, the Jersey Surf would be $15K richer.

well, that's what I saw.

your predictions looked mostly realistic... just wondering if they were serious.

~>conner