Predictions....

As long as we're being asked to predict what's a year away, why not take it to the next step.

My Top Five predictions for DCI Finals 2014

1. The Hoboken Cadets- I predict George will move them BACK to NJ and they will dominate from Hoboken

2. The Milwaukee Brewers- They will start a D&B corps in 2010 and rise through the ranks very quickly

3. The Blue Devils- Always a top three powerhouse

4. Lionel Richie- That one's for Lee

5. The Blue Saints- After struggling in the late 90's and early 00's, they pick up steam, get a large influx of members and jump into the top five in Div. 1.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few random things that I wouldn't be surprised to see in 2006:

- Blue Devils make up for last year and produce a great show that the fans love (with no amped vocals)

- Bluecoats and Crown continue their surge and one of these break top 4

- Boston, Madison, SCV remain in the 6th - 9th place slots

- Crossmen make Finals, find themselves placing in the 9th - 11th place mix

- Southwind and Mandarins make a push for finals, and compete much closer with Spirit, Colts, and Glassmen than in recent years

- A corps that hasn't ever been or hasn't been for a long time in Finals makes it in this year (either Capital Regiment, Southwind, Mandarins, or Colts)

- Blue Stars first year back to Div I finds them finishing around 19th - 22nd

Edited by chadwick

Anaheim will recapture the crown followed by 27th Lancers, Santa Clara Vanguard, Bridgemen, Phantom Regiment, Garfield Cadets, Troopers, Cavaliers, Blue Stars, Muchachos, Star of Indiana, Velvet Knights, Freelancers, Guardsmen, Charioteers, PrecisionAires, Purple Lancers and Suncoast Sound.

1. Troopers

2. Blue Stars

3. SCV

4. Scouts

5. Crown

6. Bluecoats

7. BD

8. Crossmen

9. Colts

10. Magic

11. Spirit

12. Blue Knights

13. Boston

14. Glassmen

15. Mandarins

Cadets took the year off

Cavaliers only tour in Russia

Phantom takes Gershwin to Broadway for the Summer

:P

I'm sort of surprised after having looked through all of these, that I don't believe one poster has put Boston above 9th. Just found that sort of interesting.

Cavaliers

Cadets

Phantom

Bluecoats

BD

SCV

Madison

Crown

BK

BAC

Spirit

Cap-reg?

HEY-somebody go back to last year and see if anyone guessed it right! (i know i didnt have cadets in 1st... )

Edited by nero14

i wont make out a full top 12, just cuz im lazy, so ill give my predictions for a few corps, based souly on what i would like to see and think is very possible:

phantom will battle for 1st, very possibly taking it(i would perfer they do)

blue devils will move up to 2nd or 3rd

cavies will finially fall out of the top 3

cadets will fall to 3rd(or in the area)

Vanguard will climb back up to 5th with another bad a** show(they had very few age outs, so a lot of experiance coming back in 06)

Madison will break into the top 4

and finially....a new corps will break into the top 12

thats my finials night 06

P.S. I believe dci should start scoring harder now that a 99.15 has been reached twice(with still apperant mistakes and dirt in both cases) does anyone else agree?

1. Cavies

2. Phantom

3. Cadets

4. Bluecoats

5. Blue Devils

6. Madison

7. Crown

8. Crossmen

9. Boston

10. Glassmen

11. Blue Knights

12. Colts

13. Spirit

P.S. I believe dci should start scoring harder now that a 99.15 has been reached twice(with still apperant mistakes and dirt in both cases) does anyone else agree?

sigh....

I guess this is starting to become a personal campaign of mine, but I would really like for people to have a more thorough understanding of the judging system before making comments like this (no offense...).

Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of an "outreach" program where the masses are introduced to the judging system and helped to understand how and why the decisions are reached?

But I guess then we'd have too many cooks in the kitchen...not that we don't already...

M