Not Marching DCA After Ageing Out

When I age out of DCI I will not march senior corps. I am tired of putting my life on hold and am considering not even marching DCI anymore. Drum corps has been a large part of my life, but it isn't my entire life. I have other aspirations in life.

Also I get the impression that DCA members care more about getting drunk after the performance than the performance itself. Every senior corps member I have ever met was an alcoholic elistist cornhole.

Then you haven't met any senior corps members because NONE of the senior corps people I've marched with or talked to, both on and off DCP, are anywhere near that kind of person.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I get the impression that DCA members care more about getting drunk after the performance than the performance itself. Every senior corps member I have ever met was an alcoholic elistist cornhole.

Guess you heard that from the same people who say that DCI members are a bunch of spoiled rich kids who don't know what town they're in because they spent all night doing coke on the bus.

- stereotypes suck -

Yaaaawwwwwnnn, somebody must be bored.......

Notice he/she/it is still camped out on this thread.........

s/ Alcoholic/elitist cornhole starting at age 16.

PS - Ya forgot that Sr corps people never practice. We just leave the horn and uni in the trunk all summer.

im not going to march senior corps just cuz, and i say this with all respect to senior corps and to mean no offense to them, its not the same. one of the main reasons i do drum corps is to play for thousands of screamin fans. most of the time you wont get that response and that size of a crowd with a senior corps.

just my reasoning...

:D

Then you haven't met any senior corps members because NONE of the senior corps people I've marched with or talked to, both on and off DCP, are anywhere near that kind of person.

Did I not just say "Every senior corps member I have ever met..."? Would that not imply to you that I have met some?

But let me tell you a story. In 03 we had a show in NJ. And for some reason (I don't remember why) every corps was showering at the show site. It was all div 2/3 corps and some senior corps.

Anyway, I'm walking out of the shower area when I hear shouting. Some senior corps guy is purposely pissing on someone else. Mind you there are 14 year old kids in there too watching this and even if that wasn't the case it is an extremely disgusting act.

Other than that my interaction with senior corps members hah been rather meaningless conversations that give me the impression that "this guy is a ######" and somehow alcohol comes up in the conversation. That or they were already drunk.

So exactly what impression should I have of them? Even if this wasn't the case I have other aspirations in life other than drum corps. That I would like the time to devote energy to.

Guess you heard that from the same people who say that DCI members are a bunch of spoiled rich kids who don't know what town they're in because they spent all night doing coke on the bus.
If you could read you would realize I implied that my reactions are from first hand experiences "every senior corps member I have met".
Yaaaawwwwwnnn, somebody must be bored.......

Notice he/she/it is still camped out on this thread.........

s/ Alcoholic/elitist cornhole starting at age 16.

PS - Ya forgot that Sr corps people never practice. We just leave the horn and uni in the trunk all summer.

I probably left my browser on the page after I replied as I multitask on the computer and don't browse DCP all day. Actually this is my first visit in a couple of weeks.

And I like how you typecasted me specifically. When I didn't, and to no one in particular. Thanks for reaffirming my belief.

Edited by hboyce

im not going to march senior corps just cuz, and i say this with all respect to senior corps and to mean no offense to them, its not the same. one of the main reasons i do drum corps is to play for thousands of screamin fans. most of the time you wont get that response and that size of a crowd with a senior corps.

just my reasoning...

You're certainly right about that. You won't get "that kind of response and that size of crowd"...you get more for less. Your typical DCA crowd is about the same size as the typical DCI crowd at the average show, and a bit smaller than DCI come championships. But that's not the main difference....

...the main difference is that DCA crowds are FAR more noisy and appreciative than DCI crowds. It was that way in 2004, and it was even more pronounced in 2005. And yes, I've attended many shows in both circuits in the last couple of years.

Edited by Kamarag

When I age out of DCI I will not march senior corps. I am tired of putting my life on hold and am considering not even marching DCI anymore. Drum corps has been a large part of my life, but it isn't my entire life. I have other aspirations in life.

you couldnt be any further from the truth if you tried

just my reasoning...

you should check out the crowd sizes at some DCA shows.

you may be surprised to see thousands of screaming fans

Did I not just say "Every senior corps member I have ever met..."? Would that not imply to you that I have met some?

But let me tell you a story. In 03 we had a show in NJ. And for some reason (I don't remember why) every corps was showering at the show site. It was all div 2/3 corps and some senior corps.

Anyway, I'm walking out of the shower area when I hear shouting. Some senior corps guy is purposely pissing on someone else. Mind you there are 14 year old kids in there too watching this and even if that wasn't the case it is an extremely disgusting act.

Other than that my interaction with senior corps members hah been rather meaningless conversations that give me the impression that "this guy is a ######" and somehow alcohol comes up in the conversation. That or they were already drunk.

So exactly what impression should I have of them? Even if this wasn't the case I have other aspirations in life other than drum corps. That I would like the time to devote energy to.

If you could read you would realize I implied that my reactions are from first hand experiences "every senior corps member I have met".

I probably left my browser on the page after I replied as I multitask on the computer and don't browse DCP all day. Actually this is my first visit in a couple of weeks.

And I like how you typecasted me specifically. When I didn't, and to no one in particular. Thanks for reaffirming my belief.

ok, so based on your experience, then all DCA corps people are like this?

hey guess what? I shopped at WalMart last week. I had a cashier that was a really stupid ####, so dumb that dumb people looked at her in awe.

so, by this example, since this was my experience w/a walmart cashier, does this mean I can say all walmart cashiers are dumb ####s?

ok, so based on your experience, then all DCA corps people are like this?

hey guess what? I shopped at WalMart last week. I had a cashier that was a really stupid ####, so dumb that dumb people looked at her in awe.

so, by this example, since this was my experience w/a walmart cashier, does this mean I can say all walmart cashiers are dumb ####s?

Did I say all of them were like that? No. Chances are though that I would meet at least one of them while marching senior corps. I've met enough while not marching senior corps.

If you got horrible service from an employee at Wal-Mart your chances of returning, at least in the near future, are going to be less. Are all the employees that work at that Wal-Mart like that. Probably not. Are all retail workers like that. No (But when we say I'll be glad to help you, we really aren't, but we can be nice about it) It only takes 1 bad apple to ruin the bunch

Reading comprehension isn't a big thing in these parts is it?