Garfield's dancer in 87

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shark - 1992

Or maybe the fat lady. :P

A. How so?

B. Does that necessarily mean that her performance really added much to the show?

Everything's visual but the music. And?

First, after she emerged half-way through the show, she became the show. At first I thought it would become common-place and boring but I found the anticipation of her "emergence" grew each time I saw the show.

My 9-year old daughter who participates in every form of dance imaginable just about knew her routine by finals. She screamed like she was seeing a rock star when "Carmen" came on the field. She's still mad at me for not getting her autograph.

I personally liked the fact that her only role was to dance, and found her routine varied between the athletic and the dramatic. In the final analysis, I just really LIKED it!

Following the murder of the Pirate King, The new Pirate King emerges and takes the hat and coat from the not yet cold body. The King's sword is taken and plunges into the ground. As the New King dresses in the King's dress clothes, the corp sets of for a company front, as the front hits, the new Pirate King pulls the sword from the ground and lifts it in Victory !

And that my friends, is the night the lights went out in Georgia!

By the way, My Pirate King would Kill your tap dancing Gene Kelly or Shark if ever confronted!

And then there was CARMEN, who I feel can also kick THAT Gene Kelly's ### given the chance.

Edited by Cop

If you're looking for the visual soloist with the best effect, it's the shark, hands down. Nothing else made an entire stadium go bonkers by appearing on the field.

You know everyone keeps refering to him as gene kelly, but if you watch him his overall look, dress, and dance style reminded me much more of Fred Astaire than Gene Kelly.

Good Call.

By the way Gene Kelly "NEVER" used an umbrella to dance to ANY of the music Phantom played on the field!

Bluedevils 1989 comes to mind. That solo just made me cry, ......... oh wait, ....... I was just infored that was not the desire effect they were going for on that. :worthy:

Oh....... you were wanting visual soloist........ I would have to say VK's viking lady from 1992. SHE WAS HOT!!!! :lolhit:

Edited by DCIAGEOUT