Troopers not Fielding a corps for 2006

heartbreaking news, but not unexpected given the events of the last week. Here is to hoping the Troopers come back, and for their return to the East, I will actually attend a DCI show they are at to cheer for them

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For younger fans who have only ever known the Troopers as a corps perenially finishing near the bottom of the standings, mere words cannot begin to impart even a suggestion of the unequalled legacy of this corps and its contribution to drum corps. For those of us fortunate enough to seem them in their prime, words are not necessary. That none of us will have the opportunity to live the legend that is the Troopers in 2006 is, indeed, disheartening.

"Ghostriders" has never seemed more poignant. Here's hoping the Troopers don't become the fabled ghosts of song, but rise again stronger than before.

Sad news from the Troopers. That was an incredibly tough decision for the BoD to make. But take heart ... they will be back. We look forward to hosting you in Menomonie in 2007!

And, yes ... will someone please post a photo of the sunburst/wheel? Goose bumps ... and all that's good about this activity.

We'll miss you next year ... and look forward to your return in '07! God bless.

I wish this was just a bad dream. I heard about the Troopers and listened to their records for a couple years before I ever got to see them. When I finally did they were everything and more than the legend I had heard of. This unfortunate situation is devastating and while most of us don't know what happened in Casper all I can say is that the decline of this corps is inexcusable. Sorry for not being very PC but I'm not only sad but pretty angry too. It should have never come to this.

Edited by PJS53

Oh, I think when they return we'll ge a sunburst, a color pre, maybe even a color party, 'Battle Hymn,' and maybe even yellow roses!

Let's all hope that soon we can yell "CHARGE!!!! The Troopers are coming!"

Edited by tommytimp