Troopers not Fielding a corps for 2006

A season without the Troopers? wow.

I learned to deal with the loss of Bayonne and 2-7.

It took me a little while to get used to life without Star and Freelancers and Suncoast.

and Sky Ryders... and WAY too many others...

But this one will be really strange...

Return soon Troop!

What a triumphant return it will be.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is so sad. If I had a record player, I'd get out my double album (the one with Walter Brennan narrating) and play all four sides.

When I was just a puppy, all I ever heard about was Troopers, Troopers, Troopers from all the old guys in the corps. They stayed over night in Sarnia in 1971 on their way to Toronto and the stadium was full just to watch them practice.

How many corps come back from a year off? It doesn't seem to me the record is good. I hope all the right things are done and they come back.

Kindest regards to all Trooper alumni and members,

John Swartz

PS, imagine what it's going to be like marching in Troopers in 07 when every place you play the crowd goes nuts.

PS, imagine what it's going to be like marching in Troopers in 07 when every place you play the crowd goes nuts.

With support from the drum corps community, this WILL happen.

Edited by TroopersWeb

So sad! I saw Troopers for the first time at the Shriners International show in Toronto in 1969. After watching them, I was hooked on Drum Corps for life. My prayers are with you Troop & I will look forward to cheering for you in 2007!

Following lengthy review of the current status of the corps, the Troopers Board of Directors decided today that in the best interest of the corps, they will not field a competitive corps for the 2006 season.

“This is the right thing to do, “commented interim director Mike Ottoes following the board meeting. “It’s going to be most difficult on the members, but in the long run, this is the right thing to do.”

Over the next 12 months, the organization will focus on securing the proper paperwork and filings, building a solid financial base to operate on, bolster corps management and solidify all corps operations in preparation for the corps return to full competitive status in 2007.

Pat Chagnon

Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps

Web Administrator

http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org

:(

This is a very very sad day for all of Drum Corps. I hope to see the Troopers once again. it will not be the same this year without them for me. I know Drum Corps will go on this Season. I just hope people who are involved in this activity realize what a blow to Drum Corps this truly is.

Wow, just...

Wow. That's very painful to even look at.

I hope for a speedy comeback.