Troopers not Fielding a corps for 2006

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just felt like I just lost a member of my family! :(

The Troopers ARE drumcorps. I've always had the utmost respect for them. I always said if I ever won the California lottery, I'd come to Casper and help get the Troopers back into the top 12. They always stayed true to the principle of being a drum and BUGLE corps. They are the epitome of the American spirit. It's a shame that more couldn't have been done before coming to that decision. I know it's important to have stability in a drum corps, so I too will hope '07 will be a memorable one for the Troopers. It is fitting (for me at least) their return will take them to DCI finals in Pasadena. Make no mistake that I'll be there cheering them on. This is one old drumcorps performer/judge/spectator who'll be waiting for your return!

I see this being like the Canos. The troop will rise better than they were before they left. Have faith........

I think I just felt my heart get ripped out of my chest...what a sad piece of news. No matter where they placed I loved to watch the Troopers. It just wont feel right for a while. I hope they can come back strong in '07.

:(

Wow, this is stunning news! I sincerely hope that your reorganization is successful and you come back stronger than ever. For me, since first seeing you at a pre-nationals show in NYC in 1966, my eyes were opened to the possibilities inherent in marching perfection.

Troopers were the first live open class corps I ever saw perform. Lake Erie Fanfare, 1992 or 1993. Although this is news that is difficult to grasp right now, when i see the Troop entering the field in 2007 stronger than ever, I'll know that this break from competition was the best option for the organization.

Let's please not turn this thread into some stupid argument about how *YOU* prefer to define the term "bugle," please.

You know Dan, I'll define what the term "drum and BUGLE corps" however the way I like. I've earned the right to have an opinion on the subject. The Troopers stuck to their guns (pun intended) and kept the G bugle out of respect of the activity-heck, maybe out of financial reasons too. This isn't about some lame attempt to try to argue G vs Bb. They've kept to the "old ways" and for those of us from that era, it's refreshing. Maybe they'll come back "reinvented"-who knows. I'll still support them anyway. Thanks for trying to get a shoving match with me. :P