Troopers not Fielding a corps for 2006

This is heartbreaking news. I missed the Troopers in their prime, but I know their reputation and have always had so much respect for them. Historically, their guard--especially that rifle line--is one of the premier guards in the activity.

The only consolation I can take from this announcement is that perhaps this year really will be an investment in the corps, with the goal of reinvigorating the corps in the hope of a return to solid competitive and financial status. Best of luck, Troopers!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troop made a hard decision, but hopefully one that ensures they will be with us many years to come. If only the corps we have lost were bold enough to make a decision like this we would still be cheering them on as well.

Best of luck Troop.

Can't wait til 2007 when you receive the loudest ovation at every show you attend!!!

My heart goes out to every member, volunteer, board member, and alumnist of this classy organization.

Somebody needs to post a picture of the sunburst for crying out loud.

Here ya go (from corpsreps.com):

trpr681.jpg

The point: Some drum corps have gone inactive and returned, while other's have not. It appears the Troopers management is making some difficult decisions but ones that are in the interests of its members and future. Most corps that have gone inactive and returned have been better from the time off to re-organize.

The important thing to remember: No one likes to see a drum corps go inactive/fold, especially the Troopers. As it has already been mentioned on here, we should be as supportive as possible of the Troopers organization and let them know we care about them and support their decisions. Their return will be well received in 2007.

Good luck to them and I know I look forward to seeing them back in 2007.

Musically,

-GM

Hang in there Troop. We're all pulling for you!

See you in 07

Here's another one from Former Scout's web page:

1972troopers.jpg

Neither the Crossmen nor Sky Ryders have ever returned after a year off from field competition. Not to invalidate your point, though, as after all, look how many of the current roster of active division I corps have:

Actually, Crossmen did take a year off - 1986 - and came back to the competition field.

Actually, Crossmen did take a year off - 1986 - and came back to the competition field.

According to corpsreps.com, Crossmen placed 21st at DCI in 1986.

edit: I think you're thinking of the Freelancers.

Edited by Orpheus

According to corpsreps.com, Crossmen placed 21st at DCI in 1986.

edit: I think you're thinking of the Freelancers.

I think it's Corpsreps that is isn't correct, because that site also says that Valley Fever existed in 1986, and they didn't either.