Senior Corps, a few questions

See you at DCA in a few years Allee.

Glad you are helping out the Bandettes.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi you guys! Well, I found out I don't need to march adult corps yet. I am really excited! I am going to march with the Bandettes this year. I heard they needed more kids, so I talked to the director and I get to be in the hornline! I will probably play my trumpet in the front ensemble. Thank you guys for all of your help. I will be looking forward to senior corps when I age out though. See you on the field, and good luck this season!

Yay, I get to sleep on the floor and eat sandwiches!

That's great news. Good luck with you new found corps. We will be looking forward to hearing from you in a couple of years

• 4 months later...

Well, hi again corps family! Just to update you, the Bandettes didn't work out. So, I'm marching in NH. I love my corps. The great thing about senior corps is you can march till you die, which by the way I plan to do! I am marching hornline for the whole season yay! I loved it so much with the Muchachos that I decided to attend school near Boston so I can still commute to rehearsals and stuff. Senior corps is awesome!

Allee,

Sorry the Bandettes didn't work out, but I'm glad to see you've found a corps home for the year (maybe even forever.) Hope to see you at DCA finals in the near future.

Derek

Yep, I am nineteen, so I don't have to worry there. My schedule is not a problem, it's just there are three junior corps that know they can accomidate, but two don't know if they will field DCI and one doesn't know if I would have a host family.

The good thing about DCA is you guys have a longer season, but I don't know what it would be like marching with a bunch of "old" people, lol!

I would need a host family that preferabley one parent stays home during the day, because when I am in an unfamiliar environment, I wouldn't know how to get food for myself and stuff. It's hard when you are totally blind at those times.

depending on where you go, the corps won't be as "old" as you think. DCA is full of wonderful people, and every corps has a corps mom or several corps moms. the best thing to do would be to contact one close to you.